Pages

Baby Brag Book

I decided to decorate one of the many 3 x 3 Kraft mini albums I have purchased for door prizes and gifts. I think people see these and don't know what to do with them. Since I know people having babies, I thought I would make a baby brag book. These are cute little books that have plastic photo sleeves inside and jute to tie the book closed.

All products are CTMH.

First, I covered the album in a piece of pattern paper from Laid Back paper pack and added Outdoor Denim grosgrain ribbon to the edges to finish the cover. I stamped Baby Blocks (retired) in Outdoor Denim ink and colored in the block with Dutch Blue, Bubblegum, Sunny Yellow and Citrus Leaf marker.


I covered the inside front panel in the same pattern paper from Laid Back and attached Outdoor Denim ribbon to the top. I stamped the giraffe and "sweet" saying from Sweet Occasions (retired) stamp set in Dutch Blue ink. I got the idea to stamp the giraffe upside down from another consultant, name unkown, who designed a baby card that way.







Again, I covered the inside back panel with pattern paper from Laid Back and used Tiny Feet stamp set (retired) in Dutch Blue ink.










These are easy to create and make a great gift. Hmmm! Who is going to have a boy next?

Jeanne asked, "What is your BEST time management tip?" I see you are able to sit down when the famil ywatches TV, etc. But for those of us who feel we have to "clean house" first, what does your daily routine look like that allows you to time to create daily?

I used to think I had to do it all every day, but then I heard someone say, "When you are on your death bed, you will never wish you worked more." I agree with that. I know I won't wish I cleaned more. I keep the house picked up and the laundry done by doing so much each day. I used to have a check off sheet where I cleaned certain rooms on the same day each week. Of course, the kitchen is cleaned at least three times a day. Then I found Fly Lady. If you have never heard of her, check out her website. I was religious about following her daily challenge and I have gotten away from it; however, some of the habits just got embedded in my daily routine. I guess it boils down to I don't think my house needs to be spotless all the time. Since my oldest, Tate, has been out of school for the summer, he has a check off sheet for chores. This helps me too. When the TV room is a mess, I know he is the one who has to clean it, so it doesn't upset me. After my rambling, I give you one last piece of advice...if you can keep your projects out, it helps not to waste time packing and unpacking each time you sit down to create.

Thanks for reading my lengthy explanation and HAPPY STAMPING!

No comments: