Pages

Happy Birthday Dude

Happy Birthday Dude is my second attempt using my prismacolors. Wow! It is not as easy to color in people images. I don't know if I got the skin color correct, but I got it as close as I could. I used so many colors on his hair that a hair stylist would be proud of all the highlights...LOL! I absolutely love coloring with my pencils. It takes a while, but I am sure I will get faster the more I play. The color possibilities are endless. Since this is a masculine birthday card, I didn't want to use ribbon and let me tell you THAT WAS HARD! I love ribbon! I kept looking at all of my ribbon and if I would have found the perfect match, I am sure it would be tied on here somehow. I like to give myself a guideline I have to follow, because it makes me use products I might overlook. I have a TON of embellishments and always fall back on the same 'ole thing. I need to start completing the challenges on blogs and Splitcoaststampers (SCS), so I expand my card making ability.

Here's the recipe:

All products are CTMH unless otherwise noted.

Paper: Building Blocks pattern paper; Moonstruck, Black, Buttercup, and White Daisy cardstock

Stamp sets: Happy Birthday, Dude (retired)

Ink: Black, Cranberry

Embellisments: black small spiral clip, black hinge

Non-CTMH: prismacolors, Cuttlebug spots & dots embossing folder, tab file folder punch, Tim Holtz distresser

Happy Stamping!


3 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Wow! Another great card. It is great to see how you are using your prisma pencils. Hmmm... looks like something I will have to buy in the future.

Classroomfree said...

Great card. I think I need to invest in some prisma pencils too!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the primary colors.