Pages

Back To School

I took the usual first day of school pictures today and got them on a layout. Yes, I did! Don't think for a minute I am caught up with my scrapbooks. NO WAY! I don't have preschool or kindergarten school pictures scrapped yet. I should have done them first; however, I was downloading the pictures from today. I thought why not just get them on a layout too! I created this two-page layout when I went to my sister's a couple of weeks ago.

The first day of school went better than I expected, but Tate did cry at breakfast and he said he cried a little when he got in his classroom. Hopefully, that is the end of it. I feel bad for him, since he dislikes change so much. If you click on the first page of the layout below you will see Tate is smiling before school, but when he is standing by his teacher he is not happy. Eventually, he will love going to school just like he did last year. In addition, notice Tanner had to put his backpack on and stand by Tate even though he doesn't start until Monday.

I tell ya...the Cherish and Imagine books from CTMH are my favorite. I use them to create pages and then when I have pictures...viola! I am done with a layout. I used to always scrap chronologically, but I am not so hung up on that anymore. Eventually, I will get to all my pictures....eventually! I am not so stressed to get my pictures done, since I changed my scrapping method. I choose which ones fit the layout the best.

Supplies used: Paper - School Zone paper pack, School Zone My Stickease, Sunflower cardstock, Outdoor Denim cardstock, Cranberry cardstock; Ink - Cranberry; Stamp sets - School Zone, Essential Alphabet, Sans Small Caps, The Works Alphabet; Tools - Empressor Guide and Empressor Tool.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Wow! The layouts turned out awesome. Of course the cute kids really help. I am going to have to start using my Cherish the same way. Maybe it would help me to get back into scrapbooking again.

Cindy Vernon said...

These are so cute! What is this layout called in the Cherish book? I'm going to have to get some pages prepared for my stepkids.

Kim Burmeister said...

Thanks for the nice comments...This Cherish layout is called Aesthetic Balance on page 32. Have fun creating!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kim! I'm SO impressed! You did a great job with the photos of your adorable boys and the story behind your son's reluctance is precious.

All around super job! :o)