Pages

Not Your Ordinary Christmas Colors

I am posting early today, since I will be out this evening!

I saw on a post the other day a card where she used not your ordinary Christmas colors and I liked it. As I was watching, CSI, I decided to design another Christmas card option for this year.

I wanted to use my Let Us Adore Him set and baby Jesus just didn't say traditional colors to me. For such an extraordinary little man, I needed to use a different color combination other than red and green. I really like the striped paper from the Sonata paper pack, so I started off with that as the background. I ran another piece of the striped paper through my Cuttlebug with the textile embossing plate, but I used the back side, which is chocolate. I stamped baby Jesus in Lilac Mist and daubed the edges in the same color. To dress up the cards to the standard of a king, I used gold vellum paper and gold square brads. I added lilac mist organdy ribbon to tie is all together.

Since I am stamping at Archiver's tonight, I should have something new to show you tomorrow.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Don't you just love this stamp set of the baby Jesus! Beautiful colors for this stamp.

Anonymous said...

Wow! another beautiful card. And yes, I do love the stamp set of the baby Jesus.

dasimonds said...

Not Ordinary..but very beautiful!
Nice soft colors. Love that stamp
set.