Pages

Technique Tuesday - Chalk Shading

Finally, I am using the 6 x 6 layout "yours truly" created for the technique swap. I used In the Wild stamp set. I can't remember how many of these I had to make. Here are my directions:

Chalk Shading
  • Stamp your image.
  • Chalk may be used wet or dry. Blue, gray or black are good color choices for shadows. Layer colors.
  • Start with the lighter color of chalk and apply a deeper color of the same tone on top of the lighter shades.

I used this technique on this Christmas card. The main image is from Winter Snapshots and I colored Rudolph in with chalks. It is very easy to do and you can add shading with darker colors. I used a lot of fun goodies on this card. The sparkles (click to enlarge) in back of Rudolph are sparkle glitter. Rudolph's hat has fun flock to make it fuzzy. His scarf and the top of the chimney have liquid applique. To make Rudolph's nose shiny, I used liquid glass. I had so much fun making this card.

I pulled out my Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and swiped the snowflakes with white daisy ink. Oh, and the bling is a new product from CTMH. Everywhere you look nowadays is bling, so I am glad they added some to their line. The inside sentiment is "have yourself a merry little Christmas".

Now it is your turn!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: