Ton of Fun

Today's sketch challenge (SK121308) at Paper Craft Planet is a good one.  I expect nothing less from Adela.  She is hosting this month and she is a very talented paper crafter.  Check out the gallery here for inspiration.  Make sure you tag your card SK121308, so she can find it to pull to the gallery.

I wanted to take a break from Christmas and Holiday cards, so I made a card with Harriet the Hippo.  She is an image I colored last weekend on our trip to South Dakota.  This is another cute stamp from Paper Works Company.  When I saw this little bird and colored him yellow, I knew I wanted to use paper from Paper Temptress called mangue sparkle text paper.


I had so much fun diving into my archive of papers, ribbons and embellishments.  Here is what I used:

Paper - "Boy" Sots/Green Paper (my mind's eye), "Buddies" Dots/Periwinkle Paper (my mind's eye), silver vellum (CTMH), mangue sparkle text paper (Paper Temptress), moonstruck cs (CTMH), white solar paper (Neenah)

Stamp set - Harriet the Hippo (Paper Works Co.)

Copics - C1 Cool Gray No. 1, C3 Cool Gray No. 3, Y15 Cadmium Yellow, YR23 Yellow Ochre

Ink - Black (Memento)

Sentiment - Computer generated using text box and word art - Times New Roman font

Accessories - pop dots, yellow bling (Michaels), 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch (SU), silver brads (Paper Studio), blue piping (JC Penney), silver cord (unknown), Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

My mom purchased a box of ric rac, ribbon, piping and cord at a garage sale this summer.  Most of it is from JC Penney.  The prices on it were $0.13 each and it was marked down to $0.05, so you know it was made a long time ago.  I have fun searching through this box for ribbon, etc.

I had someone ask a while ago what size scallop I use.  I measured it, since it doesn't have a measurement listed on it.  It looks like it is 1 3/4".  It is from Stampin' Up!  

Hope you can play along with the sketch this week.

Happy Stamping!

Ton of FunSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

6 comments:

Vicki said...

This card just makes me "happy"!

Vicki

Jeanne said...

This card is a ton of fun! Your coloring looks fantastic! Such a happy card. Great work.

Connie said...

So very cute. Love the brightness, the image, the saying. All very well done.

Barb W said...

Really cute card! Your Copic coloring is looking mighty fine! The subtle shading on that hippo are fantastic! I love all of the little details on this card...very nice! TFS

Laurel said...

Adorable, love the colors!

wendyp said...

How cute!!! Awesome job with the sketch!