Pages

You make my heart sing!

I started this card before Christmas and didn't have time to finish it until now.  I wanted to try my hand at the rectangle frames that Becca from Amazing Paper Grace creates.  Here is her tutorial on making a rectangle frame with corner punches.  

This card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4 to make a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card.  I dont' know the name of the heart punch I used for my frame.  I will have to make sure I write on them with a sharpie marker in the future.  It is an orange punch.


Mom cam
The Sweetheart gromlet is from We R Memory Keepers.  I pushed back the prongs so I could hand it from the organdy ribbon.

This is the inside of my card.  The sentiment is from the Dancing Notes stamp set (retired).  I used Fun Framed Dimensional Elements at the bottom and daubbed the heart border with holiday red ink.

I think this is the card I am going to give my DH this Valentine's Day.  

Materials used: (All products CTMH unless noted)

Paper - black cs, holiday red cs, white daisy cs, musical notes dp (unknown)

Stamp set - Dancing Notes (retired)

Ink - holiday red, black, white pigment

Accessories - heart dimensional element, holiday red organdy ribbon, black hemp, designer gromlet (We R Memory Keepers), heart punch (EK Success), black crystal stickers (Mark Richards), fun framed dimensional elements

There is only one day left for you to leave a comment on this post to win some blog candy.  I will be drawing a name with radom number generator on my dad's birthday, Thursday, January 15th.

I have been working on taking pics of the House Mouse stamps I am willing to sell.  I have duplicates and ones I just don't think I will use a lot.  It my first time through, so I am not parting with a lot of them yet.  I will put something at the top of my blog when I have a slideshow for you to view.

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Very cool. Love the way you made the frame with the heart coming out. The name of the punch is wrought iron.

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kim! You did a great job with the punched frame. Isn't fun trying new things? The whole card concept is terrific. I really like the WeR Memory Keepers gromlet hanging from the riboon! Great work!

Donna said...

Your card is awesome, I am going to try it! Thanks for sharing!

Chrisd said...

Wow, I am still working on getting that process just right. Your card is great . Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Kim! I LOVE the way you did the frame on this card! Very pretty!!