Pages

Love My Mummy

I do love my Mommy too! Hee Hee!

It is time to make mummy candy bars for the teachers at Tate and Tanner's school. Here is the mummy candy bar video I created last year. I thought you might want a refresher. I needed one.

There are a few of changes to my mummy bar this year.

1. The teachers are in luck...the store didn't have the regular size Hershey bars, so this year they are getting a GIANT Hershey chocolate bar. See pic below.

2. I changed the size of punches I used for the eyes. Since the candy bar is bigger, I used 1 1/4" circle punch for the outer black, 1" circle punch for the white and 3/4" circle punch for the inner black circle.

3. I crumbled the strips of cardstock just a little to distress the paper, so he isn't perfectly smooth this year.

4. I used colonial white cardstock this year instead of white.

5. I distressed my twill ribbon and the edge of the mummy.

6. Oh, I almost forgot...the strips of cardstock are 12" long. The width varies from 2" on the ones I tear both sides to 1/2" - 1 3/4" on the other ones.

I hope you can take the time this year to make some of these. Whoever receives it will love it!




Giant Hershey Bar


My Happy Halloween sentiment is from the retired CTMH set Halloween Night and my colonial cardstock is from CTMH too.

Take time to create!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

They will definitely love it because it's flipping adorable AND it's a GIANT chocolate bar (and who doesn't love chocolate?)! LOL

I like the changes you incorporated very much. Fun project, thanks for sharing!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that's cute! LOVE those eyes peeking out!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

How fun! LOVE the idea - and of course, love chocolate!