This is what I have been busy doing! As you can see I have made a change in my life regarding my stamping business. I have been reflecting on my position with Close To My Heart for about a year now and have decided to resign. My interests in the scrapbooking and stamp world have changed, since I started this great hobby. I was addicted quickly to all the paper, ribbon, and embellishments. Over the years, I have fallen in love with punches, card making and digital scrapbooking. I have just dipped my foot into digital scrapbooking, and I thought I would never make cards. Card making has become one of my favorites, and this year I have started creating 3D items and can't wait to learn more.
I find myself buying product from Stampin' Up! that seems to fit my needs and style. I am so thankful that Close To My Heart introduced me to stamping; however, I find myself purchasing most of my supplies from a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. Due to this, I have decided to become a Demonstrator myself. I will continue to offer clubs, workshops and classes (see links above). I have added a link on my sidebar to all my YouTube video tutorials. The tutorial tab above will be used for my Stampin' Up! projects.
I know this may be a shock to some of you and to others not so much. As you can see, I have been working with Emily at The Blog Fairy redesigning my blog for this new endeavor of mine. There are tabs at the top for you to explore and I will be adding more to some of the pages that are new to me. If you have ever thought about redesigning your blog, please check out Emily's blog and you will be in awe of her talent. She is so wonderful to work with during this process. I couldn't believe how she could take one little idea I had and turn it into exactly what I wanted. I wasn't even sure what I wanted and she transformed my blog into what is now. I love it!
I would like to thank you for visiting my blog and will to continue to show you great products and inspire you to create your own paper projects. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
A few of you asked me to make a video tutorial on the baskets I made here and here. Well, I finally got around to do it. I had to edit it a lot to fit it under the 10 minute limit at YouTube. I hope you like it. This video can be found at the top of my blog under the Tutorial tab too. ENJOY!
Paper Basket Instructions
- 2 sheets 12 x 12 pattern paper
- 3 sheets 12 x 12 cardstock
- 2: book ring
- Embellishments (optional)
- Scoring tool
- Strong adhesive
- Cut 3 3/4" sqaures from two sheets of cardstock (18 total).
- Diagonally cut eight of the cardstock squares from step #3.
- Cut 3 1/2" squares from the two sheets of pattern paper (18 total).
- Diagonally cut eight of the pattern paper squares from step 5.
- Attach the patterned paper to the cardstock squares and triangles. Then mount them on both sides of the scored cardstock.
- Score last sheet of cardstock at 4" and 8".
- Score all four corners from tip to the intersecting score lines.
- Fold along the scored lines to shape the basket, folding corner inward.
- Pinch pointed folds together and punch a hole about 1/2" from point. Do this for each corner.
- Slide metal book ring through the holes.
- Add ribbon and embellishments.