Pages

My Dad's card

My father LOVES golf.  I am so happy he has a hobby, since he has retired.  He owed his own business in construction and worked his bum off until 65.  He loved his job, which helped the fact he worked long hours.  We appreciated all his hard work for us.  I am so happy he is enjoying retirement, so I wanted to make him a card that reflects what he likes to do.

I got this idea from Kim Bennett.  We will be making this card at club this month.


I was hoping the detail on the golf ball would show up.  It did when I took a close-up.



Don't ya just love how it looks like a golf ball?  Love it!  The tee is from the stamp set, On a Pedestal.  Turn the cupcake holder upside down and cover it with grass.  Another way to use your stamps outside of the box.  This is the idea I got from Kim and the golf ball.  The dimples in the golf ball were made with Backgrounds 1 Textured Plates on glossy white cardstock.

Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: On a pedestal, all holidays
Paper: kraft, real red, glorious green, basic brown, glossy white cardstock, bashful blue, patterns pack II and III (hostess level 1)
Ink: real red, glorious green, basic brown, bashful blue
Accessories: backgrounds 1 textured plates, dimensionals, scissors, mat pack, paper piercing tool, real red brads
Punches:
Techniques:



Click here to place an order



3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Excellent! Love the dimples in the golf ball. I'm sure your dad will love this card.

Tammy Hershberger said...

THAT is COOL! LOVE that golf ball, and what a neat idea to re-purpose another stamp for the tee!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a fabulous card!