Pages

Rolling Along

I have busy trying to figure out what to get on my pre-order for the new catty coming out next month.  I didn't order a bunch yet, because I can't wait to see everything in the catalog.  I ordered a bunch of digital downloads I have been wanting, so it got me in the mood to scrap.  I needed to finish two more layouts, so I can submit digital order through Stampin' Up!  Once I get these, I should be done with my certification...YAY!

It took me a long time to get this layout finished, because I get interrupted by LIFE.  My boys are dying to go swimming now that we have the pool open.  The water is freezing, but they don't care.  Since they can't swim by themselves, I have to be in the back yard.  That means weeding, which I hate.  I tried to take my laptop out there today, but I can't see well due to the sun.  Love the sun, but not on my laptop screen.  My DH and I need to get our awning up, so I can scrap while they swim.  Priorities!

I started with one of the designer templates and changed it to go with my theme and pictures.  I didn't keep track of the time, so I can't tell ya how long it took me to finish Tate's layout.  I love to see all my paper options, embellishments ,etc. so it takes me a while.  I have an idea and don't like it, so I have to delete that and start something else.  Just like when I traditional scrap.  One of my favorite aspects of digital scrapping is the time it takes to duplicate a layout.  There are so many occasions when I have to do a layout for both Tate and Tanner.  Tanner's layout took less than 10 minutes.  I just had to change the color, journaling and pictures.  Love it!

I was a little apprehensive about putting skulls on the boys' layouts, since they are so young and I don't like them to wear skulls on their attire.  I tried so many different combinations and the skulls seemed to fit.  Of course, Tate said it looked the best and that skateboarding has skulls.  His new skateboard has a bird skull on the bottom.  Thanks Tony Hawk!

Tate's two-page layout




Tanner's two-page layout




I didn't even use any of my new downloads that I purchased last night.  I can't wait to play with My Digital Studio again.  I downloaded a graffiti font from Dafont.com for the title.  You can use any font you have downloaded on your computer.  Awesome!

I used the Cast-a-spell DSP digital download.  This paper pack (traditional) is on the retired list, so if you want it...get it soon.  I hear the retired items are going fast.

6 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What darling layouts!

Tethered2Home said...

Great LO's! I find it so difficult to do pages for boys, but these are wonderful.

Jeanne said...

Awesome pages, Kim! I love how by just changing an element or two you have two great sets of layouts. Ooohhh, scrapping by the pool...that would be fantastic. Wish I had a laptop so I could take it to our local pool and scrap. LOL Alas, I see no laptops in my future.

I love to see what you do with your SU digi downloads!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic layouts Kim. I'm so motivated to get back into scrapping, I continue to use the excuse of not having time. Looks like I need to try to incorporate more stamping into my scrapping so that I can do my DT work along with scrapping.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Those are awesome pages, Kim! Makes me so jealous... I wish digital scrapbooking had been around when my girls were little!

Celeste said...

These are great Kim. I also find it hard to scrap pages for boys but you really nailed it. I remember when my son was big into skate boarding...oh boy!