Pages

Tennis, Anyone?

We had a great weekend!  In fact, it was a wonderful week.  Tanner had his first two tennis lessons last week, and they didn't get rained out.  Whew!  We had a lot of rain (on and off), so I was a little worried one would be canceled.

I have been scrapping over the last week with My Digital Studio, because I create between pool time, cleaning and errands.  I just leave the program open and do as much as I can, save it and return to scrap some more.  Now, that we have our awning up I plan to scrap pool side too.

I decided to play along this month with Scrappy Sunday at Paper Craft Planet.  Jen is a fabulous hostess for these challenges.  Check it out!  What I wanted to do was take the four one-page layouts and create two (2) two-page layouts.  I used My Digital Studio to recreate the sketches.  Oh, so much fun!  Since I combined sketches a & b and sketches c & d, I added a little to each two-page layout to tie them together.  Here are the first two sketches:


Here is my layout:


Click to enlarge


Oh, how I have fallen in love with digital scrapbooking, especially since I bought My Digital Studio.  One of my friends asked me why I love it so much, because she traditionally scraps.  I can go on and on about it, but here are the top reasons:

1. I used to print my pictures at home.  Then add them to my layout.  Now, I can create my layout around my pictures and have the entire layout printed.

2. When I have a layout for both Tate and Tanner, I just print two or take an additional few minutes to change the pictures, journaling and colors.

3. Clean up is easy...just hit SAVE and turn off your computer.

4.  When I travel, I can just take my laptop and everything is there.

5.  A 12 x 12 layout only costs me $2.95 per page.  That is awesome!  I just wait to have a few created and print them all at once.  They are delivered directly to my door by my wonderful UPS man.

Can you think of some good ones I didn't list?

Here is a video with Mark Jessen about My Digital Studio:




If you have any questions, please let me know.

I was wondering if you would like me to show you how to create layouts on My Digital Studio.  I have a program that will show you what I do, so you could scrap with me.  Interested?  Please leave me a comment and let me know or send me an email.

BTW, my plans for tomorrow is to tape my clown video, edit it and put it on my blog.  Wish me luck!


6 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling layout!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fun layout Kim. Love how all of your photos fit so well with this sketch layout. Looks like you have a little Andrea Agassi on your hands...lol

Barb said...

Your layout is AWESOME, Kim!

Tethered2Home said...

Tanner's tennis is such a good fit for those layouts. They're great!

I took tennis lessons as a kid around his age ... hmmm maybe I should look at getting the kids into it to, for the scapbooking alone LOL

Blessings,
Amy.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great pages, Kim! I LOVE how that light green mat around some of the photos just pops off the pages!

Jen Tapler said...

This is FABULOUS Kim!! Love how you combined the sketches to create a 2-page spread! Most of the sketches can be mixed and matched that way - I've found that just about any 2 sketches can be combined digitally to create a 2-page layout, just use the same goodies on the 2 pages and they magically go together!! I'm so excited that you played along with MDS!! YAY! :-)