Pages

Christmas Card 5

Walk to school night was great!  Actually, we didn't walk this year, because it is SO hot we didn't want to be dripping with sweat when we got there.  Tate's new teacher is fabulous!  Tate likes her already, and she seems so excited to teach.  She has a lot of energy, which is great!  He is actually looking forward to going this year.  Tanner is so funny!  He is SO excited about going to kindergarten.  We stopped by his room first and we had to go back to see things again before we left.  He keeps asking how many more days until he can go.  I hope he feels this way on Monday.

We are supposed to be getting a thunderstorm today.  I hope we do!  The boys slept in the basement last night, because our bedrooms were SO hot.  It was still in the 90s at 11 p.m. and that doesn't count the heat index.  Our bedroom was 89 degrees last night, when we went to sleep.  We used three fans all night and yes, we do have our air conditioning set at 78 degrees.  Our bedrooms are on the upper level, so as they say....heat rises.  I just checked the weather on the internet and the rain is supposed to start at 9 am.  That would be awesome; however, it is still supposed to be in the 90s this afternoon with the rain.  What?  I thought is would get cooler.  On the positive side (which my mom has always taught me to look at), at least we have been able to use our pool a lot this summer.  We prayed for a hot summer.  Be careful for what you ask for... God might give it to you...LOL!

This is the last card for my Christmas card workshop this fall.  This set is so fun!  I love the looks on the reindeer faces.



Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: holiday lineup, perfect punches
Paper: Green (other), Jolly holiday dsp, off white (other)
Ink: green (other), early expresso
Accessories: twill ribbon, cherry cobbler marker
Punches: scallop circle
Techniques: basic stamping


I have been in the learning mood lately, so I have signed up for some classes online.  One of them has to do with using actions in Photoshop.  I read Coffee Shop Photography every day she posts and love her blog.  She is always creating free actions and talking about photography.  Check her out!  I love the pictures she takes.  On her blog, she wrote about a class given by Amanda Padgett at Everyday Elements regarding actions.  I signed up.  I am hooked on actions and wanted to know how to use them.  Her blog is very cool too!  Are you taking any online classes now or this fall?  I would love to hear about them.

Lastly, I visited my friend, Kim last night and we made some of the cutest projects.  I will start showing you those next week.  Have a great weekend.  We are going to hang out this weekend, soak up the sun and family time before school starts on Monday.


6 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This has to be one of my all time favorite SU Christmas stamps...these and the elves are just too cute! Awesome job on this timeless treasure!

wendyp said...

how stinkin CUTE!! love the simplicity of the black/white image with that pop of red for rudolphs nose!

hope you get a break from the heat! i'm hoping since this has been such a dry hot summer it doesn't mean we're going to have another cold wet winter. I can't do another year of blizzard after blizzard, lol!

Jeanne said...

Hey Kim! I hope that the thunderstorms arrived and that despite the prediction it did cool things off a little! You definitely are under the heat lamp!

Your card is adorable and a great addition to the set for your workshop!

I'm glad to hear the boys are excited about school. Here's hoping it continues even after it starts. *Ü*

Thanks for the links you included in your post. I haven't signed up for any classes, but will check out what you've linked and maybe it will spark some creativity to start flowing from me. LOL

Have a great weekend, Sweetie!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOL LOVE this one!

I hear ya' about the heat... our master bedroom is on the first floor and the girls are upstairs. They have 2 fans in each of their rooms, AND the central air is running, too!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

Linda said...

I've been loving the Christmas Cards! But, now I'm already feeling so behind!