Pages

Monogram Card

I am starting to pack for this weekend.  I am leaving the boys behind on Thursday night to visit my sister, teach a workshop and go to a class myself.  Oh, I can't wait!  On Sunday, I am leaving my sister's to go to Michelle Zindorf's brayer class.  I am always amazed by her creativity and can't wait to use my brayer.  It is one of those tools that sits by my desk asking me to play; however, I am intimidated by it.  After this weekend, I will be using my brayer.  It will probably want a vacation...hee hee!

JoAnne's workshop is this Saturday and she wants me to showcase chipboard, so I decided to work on a monogram card for it.  That way everyone can choose the letter they want for their card.  The Happy Birthday card I made for my hubby here shows how you can cover chipboard with designer series paper.  For today's card, I inked the "B" with tempting turquoise ink and then cover it with versamark, so the iridescent ice would stick to it.  Once I heated it up.....Sparkles!  Love that iridescent ice!



Then I wanted to play with the Smooch Spritz on page 195 of the catalog to see the monogram letters with these pearlized accents.  I wish you could see these in person, because the pictures do not do them justice.

Here is the Vanilla Shimmer:



The chipboard letter is gray, so the vanilla smooch makes it the perfect color.  

Here is the Log Cabin:


Oh, My!  This is my favorite!  It is the perfect color of bronze.  I can't wait to use this spritz for my fall projects.

I almost forgot....see the speckled background on my card?  I used a new toy (for me) from Stampin' Up!  It is called the color spritzer tool.  This is what it looks like:

The Color Spritzer tool can turn a Stampin’ Up! marker into an airbrush. Use this technique to create beautiful airbrushed effects. It’s great for card making, scrapbooking, and all types of paper crafting. This is a must for your creative "tool belt!"

■ PVC bulb with an insert for placing a marker with adjusting screw nozzle
■ Black with matte finish
■ Easy to use
■ Marker not included

This is so easy to use.  You just slide your marker into the holder and tighten just a little.  Then squeeze the bulb to create airbrushed effects on your project.  


Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: no stamping on this card
Paper: island oasis, very vanilla, melon mambo, whisper white, pacific point
Ink: tempting turquoise
Accessories: iridescent ice, versamark, on board alphabet soup chipboard
Punches: 1 3/4" circle scallop, 2 3/8" circle scallop
Techniques: sprtizing, embossing with iridescent ice


Click here to place an order


3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kim! You are going to be one happily busy lady this weekend. Have loads of fun! I can't wait to hear about your class.

Your glittery letters look fabulous! And it sounds pretty easy to achieve that look. Yay!

Have a great rest of your week.

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kim! You are going to be one happily busy lady this weekend. Have loads of fun! I can't wait to hear about your class.

Your glittery letters look fabulous! And it sounds pretty easy to achieve that look. Yay!

Have a great rest of your week.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Your class is going to be so happy when they see this project. It totally ROCKS. I must say that I just adore my color spritzer tool. It's fast and simple to use - not to mention the great effects that it gives. Well done, my friend.