Pages

First Card of 2011

Wow!  It seems like it has been a long time, since I have posted.  I have been keeping myself busy with the boys being on Christmas vacation.  They finally went back on Tuesday, January 4th.  I am back to my routine and happy to be back to my crafting.

I had club last night and one on Friday.  This always gets me into the creative mood.  I have three birthday cards I need to make this month.  My sister, dad and brother-in-law all have birthdays within a week of each other.  I don't have any birthday cards, so I decided to better start making them.  I love the sketch challenge over at Paper Craft Planet.  When I have been away from my craft room and need inspiration, I can always find a great sketch to get the creative juices flowing.  Check out Jessica's sketch for this week here.


Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: birthday bliss, perfect punches, on a pedestal
Paper: pacific point, real red, whisper white, pear pizzazz, celebrations dsp
Ink: real red, pear pizzazz, pacific point marker, crushed curry marker
Accessories: basic pearls, dimensionals, pacific point ribbon (retired), whisper white brad
Punches: large tag, xl tag, spiral border, 2 x 1 3/8" oval
Techniques: basic stamping



4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is darling! I love the pearls!

Jeanne said...

Happy New Year, Kim! It's great to see you back to crafting and your first card of 2011 is terrific. So bright and festive. Those pearls add a wonderful touch to the card. Thanks for sharing!

Auntie Marg said...

hey Kim, did you change your ustream classes? I've been looking on Wednesdays for you, they still say Wednesday at 7. Happy New Year hope to see you soon.

Kim Burmeister said...

Hi Aunti Marg,

No, I haven't quit my Ustream shows entirely. I will probably only do one a month or so. After taking the poll last year, it seems that most people want me to do my YouTube videos. I don't have the time to do both, so I will do more YouTube than Ustream. I will plan a video or show next Wednesday night and let everyone know. I took some time off to regroup over the holidays.

Thanks for asking!