Happy Birthday Tate! (tutorial)

Our son, Tate is 10 years old today!  WOW!  Double digits already!

I have been wanting to try the pouncing brayer technique, since I saw Dawn O create a card with the Extreme Guitar stamp set and this technique.  That was a while ago, but every good technique is never out of date.  My friend, Kim sent me a card she thought I would like that used the Extreme Guitar stamp.  Then, I saw the Extreme Skateboard stamp and wanted to play with it too.

Oh, I was wrong about which Saturday I was hosting the Paper Craft Sketch Challenge.  I am on for this Saturday.  Wendy is our hostess this week and her sketch is awesome.  Check it out here.  I used it for my 
cards.



Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: extreme guitar, extreme skateboard, so happy for you
Paper: pacific point, glossy white cardstock, glimmer paper, real red, celebrations DSP, pear pizzazz
Ink: basic black, pacific point, jet black staz-on
Accessories: tasteful trim bigz xl big shot die, button heads (other)
Punches: none
Techniques: pouncing brayer


I decided to make a tutorial to show you this awesome technique.

ENJOY!



Happy Birthday Tate! (tutorial)SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

First of all, I'd like to say, Happy Birthday to Tate! I hope he has an awesome day today!!

Kim, I watched your video and thought this technique is SO cool! LOVE it! And really, it seems quite simple to execute. I'm going to have to see if I have any glossy cardstock hanging around so I can try it soon.

Your finished card is very striking. Love the silhouette image and the pop of red glitter. What a terrific card. Thanks SO much for sharing!!

Celeste said...

Happy Birthday Tate!
Kim, I love this card. I've gotta go watch the video now. Thanks!

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Wow, Kim - this turned out awesome...love how this technique looks with this image...a perfect combination!

Fabulous tutorial too!

wendyp said...

You rock, Kim! Thanks for playing along on this weeks sketch! Fun technique!!! Perfect boys card!