Pages

Clown - It's Your Day

I have had this idea in my head for about two weeks, and finally took the time to create it.  I am happy with how it turned out.  I have to tell you that Tate (my oldest) helped me design the face.  He kept peeking over my shoulder, and giving his two cents worth.  I told him to just sit next to me and help.  I think he did a great job!

Remember this flower pot card?  Well, I got the idea to turn the flower pot upside down to create a clown for a birthday card.  I guess you could use it for cheering someone up or anything you want.  I know, I know...I owe you a video for the flower pot card.  I really do want to make one for this too.  I just need to make the time, when my boys aren't home.  Maybe I can bribe them with a movie in the basement.  They will do anything to get out of helping me clean the house.  LOL!

The sentiment on the front of the hat is from the stamp set, Short & Sweet.  It is on the retired list.  If you want it, act fast.  You can click on a link below to order.

I used googly eyes on this one.  You could use whisper white and black paper.  Tate wanted me to use these eyes, so I did.  I got to use my itty bitty bits stamp set and punches (summer mini) for the hat too.  Love my punches!


The color combo just happened, because I was playing with my soon to be retired cardstock.  Isn't s/he the cutest?  There are soooo many ways to decorate this clown.  Now, want to see it when you pull the face down..........................



The message comes out of the clown's head.  If you can't see it that well, I think you can click on the pics for bigger images.  The inside sentiment reads, "It's Your Day".  I used a retired SU! stamp set from 2002 called Darling Dragons for that sentiment.  

Here is a pic of the two parts side by side for a better view:



The sentiment and top of the clown's head slides back into the hat just like the flower pot card.  The black grosgrain ribbon keeps the hat together.  No glue!  I put a flower at the top of the hat inside, so the sentiment would stop where I wanted it to.  

Okay!  Here is a promise...I will make a video on this clown card within a week.  I will have all the measurements and how I put it together.  I will have to pre-cut everything before the video, so I have enough time to put the card together.

Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: short & sweet, darling dragons (retired), itty bitty shapes
Paper: orchid opulence, brocade blue, blush blossom, regal rose, red (other)
Ink: basic black, perfect plum, almost amethyst, regal rose, red (other)
Accessories: googly eyes (other), dimensionals, basic black grosgrain ribbon
Punches: small tag, tag, itty bitty shapes punch pack, heart to heart, scallop border, 1/2" circle, 3/4" circle
Techniques: interactive card


Click here to place an order



5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Super cute idea, Kim! And what a great idea to have Tate help you out! Your collaboration produced a terrific card. Yay!

And, if you come up with ideas on getting the kids to help (without moaning, groaning, and dragging their feet) clean up, I am all ears! LOL

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Kim, this is such an adorable design. How very clever and such a great project to work on with your son! Awesome job...please tell Tate that he's a fantastic paper crafter. =)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Very creative Kim! I love that Tate helped you, too. You are such a good Mom.

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just too cute!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, Kim that is just too cute!!! LOVE the red hair, and big red clown nose! Great design!