Pages

A Note of Thanks

Every month at club, I want to create one quick & cute card for club members.  We don't always have a lot of time, when we find out we need a card.  I combined the need for a quick & cute card with wanting to play along with Lori's sketch this week at Paper Craft Planet.  If you play along with the sketch challenge this week, don't forget to tag your card sk061910.

I ran across a card in the Stampin' Success, which is a monthly publication we receive as demonstrators. The card demonstrates using dry embossing with punches or dies, and some of the new colors.  Love it!  It is perfect for this sketch.  I changed one thing from the card in Stampin' Success.  Instead of paper piercing along the bottom of the sentiment, I added a scallop border.


For the dry embossed circles, I used my 1 1/2" circle and 1 1/4" circles punches.  I punched them out on a medium window sheet and used it as my template like the way I did the bird on this card.  It might even work better on the thick window sheets.  

Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: thank you kindly, i {heart} hearts
Paper: marina mist, daffodil delight, certainly celery, riding hood red
Ink: real red
Accessories: dimensionals
Punches: 1 1/2" circle, 1 1/4" cirlce, scallop edge border, scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle
Techniques: dry embossing


There are just a few days left (June 30th) to order out of this catalog.  

Click here to place an order



4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Jeanne said...

What a neat card, Kim! Love the clean lines and how the simple design packs a real punch. Thanks for sharing!

wendyp said...

love that blue,red and yellow combo! those embossed circles are an awesome touch!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Love all the texture on this card, Kim. Such a great design. Well done!