Pages

Uncle Sam Layout

I have a party scheduled in Chariton, Iowa on Friday, July 16th.  The hostess is Jeri (Hi, Jeri!).  Well, she has asked for a layout, since most of the guests are scrapbookers and a couple cards.  She really liked my stampin' pastels and blender pen tutorial and would like me to show them this technique too.  I am still brainstorming on that project.

Yesterday, I finished the layout we will be creating at her party.  Don't ya just love that Uncle Sam?  I got that idea from Kelly at A Stamp Above.  She created this Uncle Sam for a punch art blog hop.  His mustache, nose and eyebrows are made with the two-step bird punch.  I loved it, and knew I wanted to incorporate it on the July layout for Jeri's party.  I only made a couple changes to mine.  Thanks, Kelly!


Here is a close-up of Uncle Sam.


I was hoping these are obvious.  They are supposed to be firecrackers.  My son, Tate said they looked like firecrackers, so I left them alone.


Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: itty bitty bits
Paper: brillant blue, night of navy, whisper white, poppy parade, blush blossom, red (other)
Ink: poppy parade, marina mist, blushing bride
Accessories: silver cord, square lattice textured impressions
Punches: punch pack, two-step bird, 1/2" circle, large star, star, 1 3/8" square
Techniques: punch art, tearing


Click here to place an order for the products for this project.


6 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fun layout Kim...looks like you are all ready to just plug in your Independence Day photos. Great job.

Tethered2Home said...

Fantastic. I love the summer feel to it!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great job and so bright and fun.

Carla said...

I am a huge punch art fan and Uncle Sam is awesome. Love your card. Hugs, Carla

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that is CUTE! LOVE the firecrackers, too!