Pages

You Are My Sunshine

Pals Paper Arts is another blog I love to visit every day.  I like to see their challenges and hope to play along, but don't always get to.  When I saw this week summer theme challenge, I knew I had to create something.  I have had a card is my head (not literally...hee hee), since the occasions mini came out in January.

There was a new stamp set to use with the sweet treat cups called Something Sweet. I I loved it and had to have it!  I already owned Sweet Centers and knew these two sets would work well together.  I haven't played with Something Sweet  until today.  Great news!  Both of these sets are in the new catalog available July 1st.  Here is the card that has been just a thought until today:


Yes, those are sunflower seeds in the treat cup.  I put a door inside the card, so the seeds could be removed without tearing the card apart. I almost forget!  Isn't the designer paper pretty!  It is the new Greenhouse Gala.  The yellow I used is the new Daffodil Delight.  Oh, the new catty is awesome!


Materials used are stampin’ up! Unless noted
Stamps: Sweet centers, something sweet
Paper: old olive, certainly celery, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, whisper white
Ink: daffodil delight, pumpkin pie
Accessories: sweet treat cups, green button (stash),  square lattice textured impressions, dimensionals, big shot, sunflower seeds
Punches: scallop trim border, 1 3/4" circle, photo corners
Techniques: sweet treat cups


Reminder.......

Only a few weeks left to join Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator for just $99.00.  Great deal!  You won't be sorry.  I'm not!


8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great DSP choice anad beautiful summery flower! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Kim! What a clever idea to put sunflower seeds inside! The summery colors you selected are perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Jeanne said...

This is fabulous, Kim! Don't you love it when a great idea comes to fruition? The papers and colors in this are so summery and fun. Great job!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, HOW CUTE!!!!! What a fabulous idea, Kim!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! Thanks for brightening my grey nw pac day!

Barb said...

AWESOME card, Kim!! I love using the treat cups. That DP is very pretty and works real well with the whole "sunshine/sunflower" theme.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Look at this totally yummy card...literally and figuratively! What a great design.

Jenn Diercks said...

This is so bright and cheerful looking. I love the sunflowers in the cup. I haven't gotten the new paper yet, but the colors in it are amazing.