Pages

With Sincere Sympathy...

When I talk to people about making cards, they say they never have sympathy cards when they need them. I chose to make a sympathy card for my paper distressing display, because of this. I wanted to give them an option for this type of card. I used the dry embossing technique to distress the chocolate paper. I covered the dimensional element slide with pattern paper from the Caprice paper pack. To add more texture, I added natural hemp to the slide and a Just Blooms sunflower with brads to the bottom right side. Hope you like it!



Oh, I forgot to mention on yesterday's card that I put waxy flax through the buttons on the sunflowers. I love waxy flax and would not use buttons without it. Thanks for mentioning that in your comments Jeanne!

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Oooooh! I really like this card. All the embellishments look great.

Anonymous said...

This is a real nice card. I love the vertical lines with the rest of it. It's hard to believe the different things you can do with a card to make it nice.

Jeanne said...

Sympathy cards are difficult for me to try to create. I'm glad you showcased one so that I have another idea should I need one. This card is beautiful.

dasimonds said...

These are very pretty.
I find the sympathy card the
hardest to make.
Thank you for sharing your work.

Dee