Pages

Today's Date

Many of you know that CTMH has a stamp of the month program where you can only order a certain stamp set during each month. The stamp sets are always "D" sized stamp sets meaning they are valued at $22.95; however, depending upon how much you purchase during that month you can get the stamp set 25%, 50%, 75% off or even FREE!

When I get my new Idea Books, the first thing I do is flip to the back two pages and check out the stamps of the month. There are times I am not completely happy with each set. Then there are other times, I love each set. Well, the summer Idea Book is one of those times. I have really liked each set and August is no exception. This set is good for making cards and layouts. I like to put the date somewhere on my layouts, especially if I know the month I took the pictures. This set allows me to do that in fun, creative ways. Check out the FALL layout and you will see what I mean.

I wanted to use the August stamp of the month for our stamp club meeting in August, so the club members get to play with it. Sally suggested I make a front flip card next month, so that is what we are making. Check it out! Each club member will be able to specialize this card to fit the person's birthday they are making it for.





If you want to see how to make one of these cards or refresh you memory on the measurements, here is the tutorial.

Supplies: Boom-Di-Ada paper, Today's Date (August stamp of the month), buttercup cs, olive cs, sweet leaf cs, hollyhock cs, hollyhock ink, olive ink, olive marker, hollyhock marker, white gel pen, scallop punch, 1 3/8" punch, 1 1/2" punch, 1 1/4" punch, bubblegum organdy ribbon, buttercup bigger brads.


Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Great idea, Kim. My club members will be grateful!!! For me, this is one of those sets that I don't quite know what to do with, particularly for cards. Now, I'm inspired!! Thanks!!

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Love it, Love it, Love it! I keep going back and forth on whether to get this set or not. You just sold me on it. Yay!

Barb said...

Such a great idea! I did not like this set until now. What a fun card and the colors are so nice! TFS.~Barb

Janis said...

I do love this set, too and great ideas! By the way, I am nominating you for the 2008 Weblog Award! Send all of your viewers to my site to vote for you! www.jmpurves.blogspot.com

Congratulations!

Jeanne said...

Kim, this is a great card! I love what you have done with the set. Like others it didn't inspire me when I first saw it, but you have made it desirable.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love your card, Kim and I really LOVE your convention countdown!!! We are going to have so much fun! I can't wait!

Kim Burmeister said...

Thanks for all of your nice comments. This set is a keeper.

Hey Brenda, I just found a countdown that would go on my blog, so thanks! I know it is too big, but all the other ones would get cut off and you couldn't tell what it said. I can't wait until convention too! I hope I get to see a lot of my bloggin' buddies. Stacy from Simply Addicted is going too! If you see me stop and say "HEY!".