Pages

Nutcracker

Yesterday, everyone was wearing spring jackets and today school was canceled due to snow.  YAY!  I was hoping to get a bunch of stamping done today, but the boys had other plans.  We went sledding and played games.  I did get my Christmas All Year 'Round challenge done.  Whew!  I always seem to complete this challenge at the end of the week, but at least I am not behind on my Christmas cards....LOL!

This is another great sketch from Maria.  I don't know where she comes up with all of her ideas on a WEEKLY basis.  Once I picked my stamp, I knew I wanted to use the big black brads I got a while ago.  






I used a Deedle-dee Doodles image from her Christmas Decorations stamp set.  I really like these images, because they are fun and easy to color.  Diana made them with coloring book images in mind, so crafters could use whatever medium they wanted and get a great finished look.  Isn't he cute?  We have two nutcrackers, so I grab one and started coloring.  Once I had him finished, I searched for the perfect paper.  Check out Diane's blog!  She is working on some new sets that are at the top of her sidebar.  CUTE!

I wish you could see the sparkly red paper like I can...and....the shimmer of the pearl paper right behind the nutcracker.  Both of these papers are from Paper Temptress.  They added just the right amount of shimmer and sparkle to my card.


Supplies used: Paper - red sparkle and off-white glimmer (Paper Temptress), black and moonstruck cs (CTMH), solar white crest (Neenah), gold (Scenic Route Paper Co.); ink - black (Memento), copic markers; stamp set - Christmas Decorations (Deedle-dee Doodles); Accessories - big black brads (unkown); white gel pen (SU), pop dots (unknown), D'Vine Swirl embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

Hey ~ Did you see my new blog banner?  I felt like something different.  I made it myself in PSE and I need more training.  I am considering having someone design a blog banner for me, but I don't know what I want it to look like, especially if I am going to pay for it and keep it up for a while.

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Wow! What a great card. Love the stamp, the paper, the embossing and the brads. Woohoo!

Jeanne said...

Kim, I love that card! The coloring is terrific, and those swirls are a perfect accent, along with the brads. You are a super colorer! (is that a word?)

Your banner looks GREAT! You did a fine job on it and I don't think you need to pay anyone to make it. Take the skills you've been learning in Jessica's classes and keep practicing. Or check out digi stores that sell blog packs...Shabby Princess, Sweet Shoppe, etc. and have fun! YOU can do it!!!

Wacky weather you've been having, too! Sounds like you had fun with your boys!

Barb said...

Kim, I don't know how I missed this post!!! Your nutcracker card is amazing! Look at that Copic coloring!! Practice does indeed make perfect. I thought it was a sticker until I read the post. WOW you did a wonderful job with him. And the whole card is beautiful. Look at those dots and those big ol' brads! Very nice.

And your blog banner is great, btw. I love being able to make my own using the digital kits I have in my stash. Like Jeanne said, YOU can do it. If you want to make a whole blog set, let me know and I can give you some codes and measurements to make your work easier. What you've done looks great to me.

Good call going to play with the boys and putting the stamping on hold. They grow up so fast!

Maria said...

Hey Kim!! I'm sorry for the late comment! I didn't realize you played in the challenge but I'm glad you did! Your card is fabulous and you did such a beautiful job with the challenge. That nutcraker is so darn cute! Love the CB embossed background too!! Thank you for playing again! Whoohoo! We've got 4 cards already under our belt!! I think we'll be ahead of the game this year!!

Maria