Pages

SK122708

I hope all of you have had a great holiday season so far. I can't believe there are only five days left of 2008. We have had a relaxing vacation so far and I haven't done much stamping, but I thought I better break out my stamps for this weeks sketch challenge.


Lynn is hosting this week with a great sketch that has challenged me to get away from my traditional 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards. The card she made for her sketch is 8 x 4, so I did the same. Check out her sketch gallery for inspiration and play along.





I have had this idea for a couple of weeks. I got this main image from the set heartfelt hits 1 from Gina K Designs. When I saw this image, I new I wanted to make a New Year's Eve card. I used my copics to color the image and added a lot of bling. New Year's Eve calls for bling! My friend, Norma Jean HATES little bling, so when I was adding this bling I chuckled every time I dropped one on the floor thinking of her. Hi, Norma Jean!

When I saw the number paper in the Good Times Level 2 pack from CTMH, I wanted to use it for the countdown to the New Year. Hope you like it!


Here is a close-up of the image and bling.

Materials used:

Paper - Good Times Level 2 (CTMH), Neenah Solor White for image

Stamp sets - heartfelt hits 1 (Gina K Designs), Say It In Style (CTMH), Small Friendship Alpha (CTMH - no longer available)

Ink - Black Memento for stamped image, Cocoa (CTMH)

Accessories - white organdy ribbon (CTMH), polka dot ribbon (Dashes, Dots & Checks), bling (Paper Studio), copics, twilight marker (CTMH), nestabiities (large and small classic ovals), 1 3/8" punch (SU), scallop punch (SU), small and large oval punch (SU)

I have been keeping busy scrapbooking during the holidays. I am so surprised at what I have been working on and I think you will be too! I will post soon!

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Very cool! The paper works perfectly with the stamp set. Awesome!

wendyp said...

Awesome job with the sketch! Loving how you used those stamps for a New Years cheers!

Loved your card and photo! Thanks & happy holidays!

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I was just thinking last night that I don't have any New Years stamps. Amazing, given the quantity of stamps I own!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

What a great card! That is one of my favorite paper packs.

Creative Heart & Hand said...

I LOVE it Kim! Now I wish I had that Gina K stamp set :)
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a very happy new year too!

Barb said...

Kim this is gorgeous! Your coloring on this is perfect!!! Yay!! And I LOVE all the bling.

Happy New Year!