Pages

5 Golden Rings

Still catching up on my Christmas cards!

Here is another image I colored while we were celebrating Christmas at my parents in January.  This set is so cute!  The name of the set is 12 Days of Christmas by Penny Black.  Some of the DT were using this set, when we had the twleve days of Christmas challenge last year.  They made the cutest cards and I knew I had to have this one.

These colors are so untraditional for Christmas, but I like how they worked with my colored image.  The paper is from the Caprice Level 2 pack by CTMH.  I made the gold rings with DCWVgold metal paper.  I punch a 3/4" circle and then punch a 1" circle around it to make a ring.  I used chocolate bigger brads to carry the circle pattern from the pattern paper and the circles stamped on the chocolate cardstock.  This card is ALL about the circles for the "5 Golden Rings". 



I continued to carry the pattern to the inside of the card.  I thought of the sentiment inside, "May your Christmas be filled with memories to treasure", because I wanted it to go with the "5 Golden Rings".  That is why I chose the word treasure.  

I used my computer to print the sentiment on colonial white paper with chocolate ink.  I have a spreadsheet that shows custom colors from CTMH ink.  It isn't updated with the newest colors from last fall.  If you would like me to send it to you, email me at stampfest@cox.net.    


Supplies used: All products are CTMH unless noted.  Paper - Caprice Level 2 paper pack, gold metal paper (DCWV), white solar crest (Neenah); Stamp set - 12 Days of Christmas (Penny Black), Solo E, Solo H; Ink - black (Memento), chocolate, copic markers; Accessories - chocolate bigger brads, crystal blue organdy ribbon; Tools - 1 3/4" ciricle punch (EK Success), 2" circle punch (Fiskars), 3/4" circle punch (EK Success), 1" circle punch (EK Success), mat pack paper piecing kit (SU), photo corner punch (SU), Round Tab punch (SU)
 
Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Barb said...

This is so cute! I love how you carried out the 'ring' theme. Very nice.

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Very Cute. Love the stampset and how you carried the theme to the inside.