Pages

Are You Ready?

I AM!

DZ Doodles is celebrating their NEW RELEASES today!

Head on over to their online store and see all the new images under the New Releases section. Before you oogle over the great new digis, check out the front page and see what the Doodles Dozen have been creating to inspire you. Their blogs are listed on the front page to take you to their fabulous artwork. Each of them chose an image they like and made a card to motivate you to start your projects today. I got to see all of their cards yesterday and I was so excited to see the new images come to life.

In addition, I asked my fellow Design Team member, Tammy Hershberger, at Paper Craft Planet, to create something with Toby the Turtle, who is new today. I love Tammy's cards and she has made some awesome cards with turtles. Check out her blog, Stamp Happy, to see Toby! Wow! Tammy rocked this one too!

Now, it is time to show you the image I chose for this release. The name of this new digi is "Witch Note". I love Halloween, so I knew I needed to play with one from Diane's Halloween collection. This one caught my eye, because I wanted to use the sentiment "witcha doin". I opened this image in Photoshop and added my sentiment to the poster before I printed it, so I could size it exactly how I wanted. Isn't she the cutest? You can click on the pictures to make them bigger.




Here is a close up of my image. I cut out the poster with the sentiment using my craft knife and popped it out from the image. Then I popped the image from the pattern paper. I wish you could see this in person. It is soooo 3D! If you look to the right of the image you can see her hand underneath the top hand to see what I did.


Since one of the pattern papers has spiders on it (see above by her boot). I decide to use my Boo To You embossing folder (Cuttlebug) to add my own spider to the card. Notice how I put google eyes on him. The embossing folder had one big eye and one little eye and I just so happen to have a bunch of google eyes...perfect for this spider! I put him at the bottom of my black ribbon to mimic his spider web trailing from his body. Of course, I had to add some punches first.


Here is the inside of my card. I had more embossed images left, so I wanted to add one to the inside. Tate, my bat expert, helped me with him. I added bitty brads for his eyes; however, he didn't show up that well. Tate thought I should add white gel pen around him and the embossed circle to make him stand out, especially since he is all black.


Check him out! The white core paper came through right where his fangs would be. Tate says this is a vampire bat, because it is the only bat that has fangs. I know he knows more than me about bats, so I am going to go with that...and it fits my Halloween theme.


I hope you can visit DZ Doodles and see what Diane has been drawing. She is one talented artist, who has something for everyone.


Materials used:

Paper - sunflower cs and black cs (CTMH), muli-stripe (by David Walker, creative IMAGINATIONS), spider pattern and orange polka dot (Frances Meyer, Inc.)

Stamp - Witch Note (digital image by DZ Doodles)

Ink - Copics

Accessories - black grosgrain ribbon (CTMH), Boo To You embossing folder (Cuttlebug), black bigger brads (CTMH), black waxy flax (CTMH), orange bling (Michaels), google eyes (unknown), 1 1/4" punch (EK Success), 1 3/8" punch - SU!, scallop circle punch (SU!), white gel pen (SU!), pop dots (SU!), font - Spook Show (dafont.com)


Take time to create!

10 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is just adorable Kim. Love the images and how expertly you colored them! This is really a great Halloween card with such a cute sentiment!

Kristy said...

Kim, this card is stinkin cute! I love it! WOW it's fabu! Great job!

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Kim your card is amazing, I love this image too and you really made it come alive. It was hard to choose for me, this girl or the peeking girl. I love the Halloween colours.

Rosalien

Barbara said...

kim this card is so cute i love how you did the inside also.

Stampin2day said...

I love this! I'm already thinking of what I could put on that sign!
I could personalize it for each member of the family!

Heather Huggins said...

This adorable!! Love the eyes !!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous card, Kim! I love how you did the poster in her hands, and that sentiment is too cute! The colors here are awesome, and that spider in the corner with the googlie eyes is a perfect finishing touch! Thanks again for asking me to join in for this new release today!

Barb said...

I love your card Kim! The sentiment is so cute and your coloring on this one is amazing...love the addition of the googly eyes and that bat inside is the cutest!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kim! Your creativity is soaring on this card. I love all the details especially those googly eyes on the spider. Wowza! Great job

Unknown said...

Kimmie, cute card inside and out! The image is really adorable!