Pages

Great Pear

I love pears (green ones), so I wanted to use the pear image from DZ Doodles when I saw it on the new releases last weekend. I needed two cards for annivaries this month and this card idea came to me while I was helping my DH build our fence. I was in deep thought (about my addiction, of course) and my DH would say, "Kim!" I would reply, "Oops...sorry!". It is funny where I am when I come up with card ideas. I am thinking about them all the time and some times when I am not supposed to be (right, Patti?).

I thought that the sentiment "Great pear...after all of these years. Happy Anniversary." worked well with this image. I am bummed that you can't see the coloring as well as I wish you could. There is a lot more yellow mixed in with the green.

Wendy, can you believe I used kraft paper again? I love this stuff! I didn't want to add more paper to the front, so I wrote the words great pear myself. I am no Ali Edwards or Becky Higgins with my handwriting, but I think it turned out okay.


Here is the rest of the sentiment inside. I did use CK Ali Edwards font for the inside. I didn't want to risk writing too much. You can download her font at Creating Keepsakes website for free.



I wanted to give you a heads up about the DZ Doodles group at Paper Craft Planet. You should join the group, because if you are a member you get free images when Diane offers them...AND there are contests and challenges too. Just click on groups and put DZ Doodles in the search. It will take you there.


Materials used:

Paper - kraft cs (SU), brown bag cs (CTMH), Boom Di Ada level 2 (CTMH), solar white (Neenah)

Stamp - Pear (DZ Doodles)

Ink - Copics

Accessories - antique flower brad (Paper Studio), seafoam organdy ribbon (CTMH), pop dots (SU), classic oval and scallop oval nestabilities (Spellbinders), Ali Edwards font (CK), brown My Legacy Writer pen (CTMH)

Take time to create!

6 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Ooo, Kim, what a wonderful card! I know what you mean about a card idea. Sometimes I get an original thought, too, and it sneaks up on me and grabs my attention! Mostly I just copy real artists like you!

Tammy said...

This is FABULOUS Kim!! I love your sentiment and your coloring is wonderful!!! Way to ROCK the DZ Doodles!!!

Jeanne said...

Excellent! Too funny where you are when inspiration hits. Good thing you didn't whack your thumb or anything. LOL

Barb said...

Your card is awesome, Kim. Really cute sentiment on the front, too. Lovin' the new look of your bloggie to, btw...keep up the great work!

Valerie said...

what a yummy card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous card, Kim! That pear looks good enough to take a bite!