Mr. & Mrs.

Wow!  We had an exciting Saturday!  I left to meet someone about scrapbooking and got a call from my husband that Tanner (our youngest) hit his chin on the diving board doing a cartwheel off the board and needed stitches.  I just got to my destination (1:30 p.m.), so I couldn't leave.  I told him to take Tanner to Urgent Care and I would be home as soon as possible.  Urgent Care gave him four options and he wanted to know what I thought we should do.  I told him to pick the option that would leave the littlest scar.  He decided from their suggestion to take him to Children's Hospital to see what they thought.  I was coming home at this time and decided to pick them up and head to the ER.  This was around 2:30 p.m.  I had a wedding I was supposed to go to at 3:30 p.m. and knew I wasn't going to make that.

Once we got to the ER, we went through all the options again...1) do nothing (biggest scar), 2) butterfly (second biggest scar and not good for active boy), 3) glue (smaller scar and not the best for active boy) and 4) stitches (smallest scar and best for active boy).  My vote was stitches and the doctor agreed, so that is what he received...THREE STITCHES and we were home at 4:30 p.m.  Missed the wedding, but had time to get ready to go to the reception at 6 p.m.

Before the accident, Seth was building a shed we purchased from Sam's club in our backyard that had to be finished that night, since it was going to storm and it would probably knock down what he built and ruin part of it.  The walls were up with no doors and the roof needed to be built and put up before it rained.  Seth wanted to go with us to the reception, but knew he needed to continue working on the shed.  Finally, I said get showered and go with us.  We will all help when we get home to get the shed built before it rains around 1 a.m. (that is what the weather site reported on the internet).

We went to the reception, and I saw friends I hadn't seen for three years.  We had a great meal, CAKE (yummy) and wonderful company.  We got home at 8: 30 p.m. and started on the shed with about one hour of daylight left.  We worked together and got the shed done at midnight with flashlights in hand.  The boys helped too.  All of us got to bed around 1 a.m. and fell asleep quickly.  I woke up due to the storm at 2 a.m. and look out at our shed standing tall and all enclosed.  YAY!  We did it!  Whew!

Here is Tanner right after he got his stitches.  He loved the blue camouflage bandage:

Here is the card I made on Friday (thank God I decided to create a day early) for the bride and groom:

I got this card idea from page 2 of the new SU! Idea Book & Catalog.  I knew when I saw that card I wanted to make one similar.  I used retired paper from SU!  In addition, I used the All Holidays stamp set for the Mr. & Mrs. sentiment.  Last but not least, I used the following for texturing the hearts punched with the XL Full Heart punch:  Square Lattice Impressions folder, Vintage Wallpaper impressions folder, Petals-a-Plenty impressions folder and the crimper.

Mr. & Mrs.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


Anonymous said...

Spoor tanner!! He looked proud of his injury in his photo :)

Sharli said...

Oh my goodness! What an incredible weekend you've had - Poor Tanner - but I'm glad you went for the least scaring.

I love the story about putting the shed together as a family - racing the storm. That is SO awesome! I'm very impressed with all of you -

Your card is lovely - but the example of how you live your life is outstanding!

wendyp said...

((hugs)) sounds like you've had quite the weekend! Hope Tanner heals quickly!

Tethered2Home said...

Oh my, don't kids just prove to be a roller coaster of emotions? Hope Tanner is okay now, boys comparing battle scares will probably start soon now, eh?

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Wow, that was quite the weekend and you got everything done, amazing. The card is great, love all the hearts, which is what a marriage is and the bright colors. Glad you got the shed done and had some family time, even if it was during the night.

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Kim! What a weekend you all had. I'm so sorry about what happened to Tanner, poor guy. But I've got to tell you, I also chuckled and just HOW he managed to hurt himself. He is definitely ALL boy and this most likely won't be the first or last visit to the ER. Sounds like you all handled it very well. I have a feeling he is going to be bummed about not being able to swim for a while.

And your family adventure about building that shed is fabulous as well. What a great family effort!

All that and you got to go to the reception with that gorgeous card!

I have a feeling you need a vacation from your weekend! Hope the new week is a little more calm for you all. Hugs!