Pages

Flowers and Chocolate

Summer has officially started at our house! We spent most of yesterday and today opening our pool. No big problems this year (yet)! I am keeping my fingers crossed. It seems like we learn something new every year, and we have lived her ten years now. Tate and Tanner are hoping they will be able to jump in by the weekend. We are filtering, filtering, filtering...did I say filtering all the muck and dirt out of it now. One of our pool tarps has seen its last year and time to reorder in the fall. Well, that is enough pool talk!

I saw an awesome card and box set from Dawn at Dawn's Stampin' Thoughts a little while ago and decided to give it a try. This is going to be my next hostess gift. I used CTMH stamps and paper and Dawn used SU stamps and paper. They look similar, don't ya think? When I saw this on Dawn's blog, I knew I had the materials to make it. AND she made a video, so I could just follow along. You rock, Dawn! Here is the set she made and the video...Gift Box Video.

Here's mine. Sorry the pictures are not so good, because I had to take them at 9 pm at night after the boys went to bed. I didn't get to use natural light on these.





This set includes four cards and envelopes. Who is going to be the lucky hostess that holds the next themed party....hmmm! We will have to wait and see.

I used the Simple Blossoms stamp set; cocoa, sunflower and white daisy paper. The flower is embossed and then I rubbed ink over the flower with buttercup and sweet leaf ink. The ribbon is non-CTMH. Oh yeah, I used my white gel pen like Dawn does too!

I have completed my project for my video this week. I foresee in our schedule that I will have time to create my video tutorial on Wednesday night and post some time on Thursday, so stay tuned!

Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

I love this hostess gift and I have all the stuff to make it. Yay!!! Need to get back into a schedule of creating and this will be one of the first things on my list.

Jeanne said...

Great job, Kim! Love the card. I'm going to have to try my hand at it. :o)

Congrats on the start of summer out your way! Tomorrow (Wed) is Amy's last day. Although we went to a friend's apartment complex to swim in their pool yesterday...so it's started for us in some ways, too! :o)

belle d. said...

i love this little gift! what a great idea and so lovely! kim, your work is so fab! i really enjoy peeking at your blog to see what you have posted.
abrazos,
bella
ctmh sister