Pages

So Thankful

I have been lackadaisical about thanking those of you who have nominated me for blog awards.  I am truly thankful for your nominations and the fact you take the time to stop by my blog to see what I have been doing.  I hope all of you know that I am grateful for my blogging friends.  I started blogging about 1 1/2 years ago and am so glad to have such wonderful inspiration and friendships I never would have had.  SOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Here are the great awards from my wonderful blogging friends and a peek into their blogging world:

Just today, I received the award from Sankari at Sankari's Sunshine Corner.  She is a fellow design team member at Paper Craft Planet.  Sankari is a talented paper crafter and has challenges for you.  Check out her site and play along!













A Different Kind of Tag

The other day I was tagged by my friend, Jeanne at Creative Bliss.   Jeanne and I started blogging together, so she is a special blogging friend to me.  She is a card maker, digi scrapper, and so many other crafts.  Go see her and see what she has been up to these days!

Here are the rules of the tag: 
1. Get the book on your nightstand (or whatever book you are currently reading). 
2. Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence. 
3. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions. 
4. Do not go and find your favorite book, it has to be the one you are reading now! 
5. Tag 5 other people to do the same.


Currently, I am reading A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket *The Reptile Room*.  I started reading this series, because I wanted to know if it was something my son, Tate, would like.  Well, I am glad I read it before him.  He isn't ready for this yet, because I think he would have nightmares about the children's misfortunes.  I told him he could read them when he is older.  Guess what?  He decided to sneak the first book and read a little of it...AND he had nightmares that night.  He hasn't touched it since.  When will our children realize, we know what is best for them?  LOL!  I know, I know...when they have their own.  Here is a snipet of the second book:

"And Sunny tried to bite the rope, but she had a cold chill of fear running through her teeth and she soon gave up.  She didn't even feel like playing with the Incredibly Deadly Viper.  So the Baudelaires spend the rest of the afternoon sitting silently in the Reptile Room, looking out the window for Uncle Monty's jeep and listening to the occasional noise from upstairs."


If you want to play along with this tag, post what you are reading on your blog.  It is interesting to see what people are reading and you just might inspire someone to pick up a book or read the book you are reading.



I received this award from Adela at Creations by AR.  She ROCKS!  Adela is a fellow design team member at Molly Stamps and Paper Craft Planet with me.  I am always amazed by her work.  She designs for other stamp companies too!  I love to see what she creates.  Her coloring is fantastic.  Check her out!








I was given this Kreativ Blogger Award by Walk on the Creative Side.  I have heard so many times that there is never an original thought.  I believed this, because I get my creative ideas from everyone and everything around me.  Check inkypuddles' blog out!  I love the name inkypuddles!








I hope I didn't forget anyone from the award list.  I have so many blogs I follow it would be embarassing to show you all of them.  I just can't seem to learn enough about paper crafting.  I AM AN ADDICT, but I don't want to go through an type of recovery!  LOL!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kim!
Also,I read most of that series a few years back because some of my 2nd graders were into it. Have you tried the Magic Tree House books? I can't remember how old your son is... I LOVE those books!

Jeanne said...

You deserve each and every one of those tags and more with all the inspiring creations you share.

The books you are reading sound too advanced for my kids too. Thanks for the heads up.