Pages

Technique Tuesday - Sanding Stamped Images

Hello! As you know, I took the weekend off. My mom kept telling me she didn't receive my blog and wondered why. I told her I was taking the weekend off to be with my family. She was just worried she was missing it. Thanks, Mom!

Friday night, I had a DATE with my hubby! Our boys stayed all night at Grandma and Grandpa's house, so we didn't have to worry about how late we stayed out. We went out to eat, went to a movie and went to listen to a band. All the things we like to do in one night. AND I got to sleep in, which I love to do. This weekend I found out that I like to take that time for my family, so I have decided not to stamp over the weekends. You will not hear from me Saturdays and Sundays for sure and maybe Mondays. I will definitely be back for Technique Tuesdays every week.

This week I decided to use one from the summer CTMH idea book - Sanding Stamped Images. This one is so great, because you can do this with every stamp set you own. I used From Me to You for the main image and Sensational Seals on the tag. Here are directions straight from page 31 from the summer catalog:

Sanding Stamped Images
  1. Stamp an image on cardstock of your choice.
  2. Lay the stamped image on the foam pad included in the My Acrylix packaging. Cover with wax paper to prevent tearing, then trace over the entire image using an embossing stylus. (I did not use wax paper, but I have heard to rub wax paper over your image to emboss easier.)
  3. Turn the stamped image over and sand the raised image with sandpaper.
Here is my card using this technique. I wish I wouldn't have started with amethyst cardstock, but I did the best with the color I chose. For the background I used my Fancy Pants, From the Garden stamp set. Here is the recipe:

Stamp sets - From Me to You, Sensational Seals, From the Garden

Paper - white daisy, amethyst, bubblegum

Ink - bubblegum, sweet leaf, baby pink, hydrangea

Embellishments - light purple gingham ribbon, white daisy photo hanger, bright pink baby pin and large spiral, clear sparkles (bling), dimensional element

Now, it is your turn!


Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

I really like this card! It's a technique I've wanted to try, but haven't. This may give me the nudge to just do it.

Good for you on taking time for your family! I'm glad you said something because I also was wondering what happened.

dasimonds said...

Very Nice..great technique..
I will give it a try.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope you had a nice weekend with your family[very important]

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

I really like this technique. When you enlarge the photo you can see the details so much better. Very pretty card. I will have to try it. Hopefully soon.

Ijsbeer said...

aw your mum is sweet.
Hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Really Pretty, I really like it, Connie is right about when you enlarge it.