Pages

Let's Get Together

This is a new card design for me. I saw this on another blog and just had to try it. The card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2; however, the front is scored at 2 1/8 and folded back. You can see the card opened below to see what I mean by folding the front. I used Let's Get Together paper packet and Delight In Everything stamp set. I think it would look a little better if I had used the same section of pattern paper, so the lines came together. Again, I was using my scraps. I will have to remember this the next time.

Another first for me was using my conchos to tie the ribbon through my card. The ribbon is from the designer ribbon rounds which match the paper and stamp set perfectly. The colors I used were breeze, cranberry, buttercup, garden green and colonial white, white daisy and breeze cardstock. The conchos are buttercup and the brads are Paper Crafts (non-CTMH), but match the cranberry color. I finished the card with a little bling again. Oh, I almost forgot I used my concave punch on the main image. My sister finally broke down and bought one of these too! These little punches are hard to find in local stores. She had to order it online.

Here is the opened card to show the sentiment "Happy Birthday to you" and a few stamped flowers inside. I liked making this new design. I think I will have to create more of them. Sorry the color isn't as good on the second picture. My camera just doesn't flash when there is a lot of white.

My youngest son, Tanner's, birthday is a week from today, so watch for a chance for blog candy soon! He will be three years old. He picked out his cake today and of course, he picked what most three year old boys pick...Light McQueen from the CARS movie. Have you seen this? I really like this one. Mater is hilarious. If you have ever seen Larry the Cable Guy's act, Mater IS Larry the Cable Guy!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I love this card! You did an awesome job of coordinating all the colors and embellishments.

Pat

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Another great card and an added bonus for me since I have all of the materials to make it. Now if I could just get time to scrap. LOL! I know, I know,...there is always enough time for what you believe to be important and actually I have one last prayer journal to finish for Confirmation so scrapbooking layouts and cards are next.