Pages

Technique Tuesday - Fun Flock

Okay, first I had to change my blog color again, because my sister kept telling me that pink just isn't me. She is right. I usually never pick pink. I told her I was trying to think out of the box to help with my creativity. I don't think she cared. That is the way it is with family...they are just blunt and honest.

Second, I found the tree picture on my computer under sample pictures and just loved it, so I added it to my sidebar. I just love trees. There is a stamp set on my wish list (non-CTMH) that has a set of trees and I can't wait to get it. Once I get it, I am sure you will see some tree artwork.

Now, for Technique Tuesday. Today, I decided to show Flock. It is very hot and humid here, so I thought these would at least make me think of cool days. Maybe a little too cool...LOL!

Fun Flock

This 6 x 6 technique layout was created by a CTMH consultant. She didn't sign her page, so I cannot give her name.

Apply a think layer of glue onto the area that you want to "fluff". Sprinkle the fun flock onto the area. Push it down gently into the glue. Do your flocking as the last step in your project. Be sure to allow the flocking to set for a least 24 hours to be sure that it sticks to the adhesive you have used.

You can't see from the small picture that well, but she put the fun flock on the snowflake. Here is a card I made last year with fun flock. I used it for Santa's fur on the front of his jacket.

You can use fun flock on bunny tails, teddy bears or anything that is furry. In addition, I have heard you can add reinker to it and use it for colored images like a baby chick. Oh, maybe I should try it on my teddy bear stamp set. That would be cool!

Don't forget to enter the blog candy giveaway below by telling me what your favorite technique is and what technique you would like to see.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

No comments: