Pages

F I R E W O R K S

I have heard...better late than never, so here it is!

My 4th of July card

I was working on this before the holiday and my sister came to stay for the week. I wanted to stamp on vellum, because I always like how it looks and I wanted the star pattern paper to show through the firecracker stamped images. When I was making this card, I found out I need some red, white and blue ribbon. I have none! I can't believe with all the ribbon I own not one spool had the colors I needed. I had to use good 'ole reliable organdy. I tied Outdoor Denim (3/8 inch) and Holiday Red (5/8 inch) together and made a bow. Here is the recipe:

All products are CTMH unless otherwise noted:

Paper: Cranberry cardstock (7 x 8 folded to make a 3 1/2 x 8 card), Independence pattern paper

Stamp Sets: Snap, Crackle, Pop and Celebrate America (retired)

Ink: Cranberry, Outdoor Denim

Accessories: Independence My Stickease level 2, Cranberry brads (Paper Studio), vellum (unknown company), Holiday Red organdy ribbon, Outdoor Denim organdy ribbon, concave punch by EK Success. I think I stated this was from Corner Adorner before. My bad! It is an EK success item and I love it!

I heard from Shannon yesterday and mailed her blog candy to her today (Friday). She was on vacation, so that is why I hadn't heard from her since the drawing. Congratulations, Shannon!

Still answering questions:

Kimberly asked, "What is your favorite color combo?"

Hmmm! This is a hard question to answer. I have been thinking about this question for days and I cannot pick just one. I didn't think I was a pink person, but I love chocolate and pink and any green and pink. Of course, since autumn colors are my favorite, all of them look good together and I can't forget about purple and green...wow! Let me know what your favorites are in the comments section and I will try to create something with that color combo.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention I have a new set-up to take pictures of my projects. I got this idea from Julie Buhler. I put two pieces of White Daisy cardstock together and set it on my desk. I put my Ott lite on the side and put my projects on the White Daisy cardstock. Viola, a little photo studio. The colors should be as true as I can get them, since I am using my Ott lite.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Great card! I like how the stars show through the vellem. Now I know what card to make for the next 4th of July. LOL

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a layout with the promise of spring paper pack or the rough and tumble paper pack