Pages

PERFECTION

I am keeping the promise to myself about getting some scrapbooking done. I don't know how long it will last, since I love making cards so much. I am going to try to do a scrapbook layout a week. Right now that seems like a lot to me, but I will see how it goes.

I finished this layout on Sunday. It is one that I made on National Scrapbooking Day and I needed to add pictures and journaling. That always seems to be the hardest part. I don't like going down to my basement and searching for the best pictures for a layout; however, once I am done there I have fun looking through all the pictures ooooing and aahhhing to find the perfect one. I like the option of being able to size the pictures how I want and changing them to black and white. I have always wanted to use black and white photos in my scrapbooks, but never did. If I do the layouts ahead of time using the CTMH Cherish book, I am creative with my pictures too. By the way, the new fall idea book will have the new CTMH Imagine book. YEAH! It is just like the Cherish book with new layouts and ideas. I will be ordering that first.

I love the picture of of Tanner sleeping with his hand closer to the camera. He fell asleep on our couch, and I put the camera right on the couch with him. Baby's hand and feet are so cute and I wanted to take pictures of him at a different angle than above him. I changed this to black and white, because the colors contrasted with the layout colors.

Sorry for the glare on the second page of the layout. My camera flash would not go off on the first page and went off when I was taking a picture of the second page. Pictures of me are not usually on my scrapbook layouts, because I am the one behind the camera most of the time. I had to take advantage of this picture of Tanner and me. I love it! Below is the recipe for this layout. All products are CTMH unless otherwise noted.

paper: Heaven Sent pattern paper (retired); Sweet Leaf, Heavenly Blue, Buttercup, and White Daisy cardstock

stamp sets: Little Angel, Romantic Backgrounds, Believe Caps

ink: Sweet Leaf

embellishments: dimensional elements, Buttercup brads, Heavenly Blue bigger brads, White Daisy grosgrain ribbon, White Daisy buttons, Colonial White waxy flax (it looks white), spring buttons, EK success concave corner punch.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

What an adorable page, love the colors you used and of course the photos are awesome, so cute.