Pages

Waterfall

No, not an actual one. A waterfall card! This is a Mother's Day card I made for my mom last year. I had another busy day, and didn't have time to finish the project I was working on before we had to go to an anniversary party. I had such an itch to stamp today and just didn't get to play much. I hate when that happens! LOL!

I made this card using the tutorial from Splitcoaststampers. What an awesome resource! I am a little directions challenged, but once I figured it out it was so cool. I am a hands on learner. I would rather have someone show me how to do something than read directions. I started with a Black cardstock and used Flutter and Sweet Flowers stamp sets. In addition, I used Blush pattern paper (retired), Blush cardstock and White Daisy cardstock. To finish the card, I used Blush and Garden Green ink, black brads and pink gingham ribbon. Below are pictures of the card in opened positions after I pulled the ribbon.

These pictures are littler, because I scanned this card. You can click to enlarge the images.

After seeing this card again, I think I need to try one of these again.

Another question:

Anouk asked, "If you could only take three crafty items to a deserted island, what would they be?" Wow! I had to to think about this for awhile. Right away I thought of my crop-a-dile, because it is so heavy duty, and I think I could use it many ways (not just for scrapping on the island...LOL!). This is really a great tool, when you need it. It cuts through chipboard like butter.

The second thing I would hope to have with me would be my sizzix machine. I don't use it now, because I bought a cuttlebug, which cuts and embosses. I think I could smash things with it. I don't know what needs smashed, but it could do the job. This is definitely my silly answer.

My third and final thing I would want on the deserted island would be one of my scrapbooks, so I could see pictures of my family. On one hand it would make me sad, because I would miss them. But on the other hand, at least I could see pictures of them. I need to scrap more than I do, so you might be seeing some scrapbooks pages over the next few weeks. I get caught up making cards, because it is so much fun and I get my creative fix quicker. I need to get back to why I started creating in the first place.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: