Pages

Unexpected Visitors

Today, I knew my in-laws were coming, but no one told me they were bringing my husband's aunt and uncle. Whew! I am so glad I did all my cleaning in the morning. They came around 1 p.m. and left around 8:00 p.m., so needless to say I didn't have time to create today. That means I am pulling from my archives again.

I made this card with a Christmas stamp set, No Peeking (2006 November stamp of the month). I love these little packages. They may look familiar from my Technique Tuesday - Prisma Glitter post below. On the layout below, I used these same packages as background stamps and colored them in with CTMH markers as well as using them as embellishments.

On this card all products are CTMH:

Stamp sets: No Peeking, Celebrate (retired), Happy Day (retired)

Ink: Cranberry, Sunny Yellow

Paper: Black cardstock, Giggles & Grins pattern paper

Accessories: metal rimmed tag, Cranberry waxy flax, black beads, Sunny Yellow marker, Cranberry marker, Holiday Red grosgrain ribbon



Another question:

Cathy asked, "How did you get started with stamping?" I went to a scrapbook fair in my husband's home town. People could crop and shop. Well, I shopped. Some vendors had make-n-takes set up and I sat down at the Close To My Heart table. I never heard of them before. The consultant had a tag for us to make and I fell in love with the acrylic stamps. The rest is history. I purchased a catalog from her and bought a couple of winter sets. I joined a stamp club not long after that and then I became a consultant after getting my feet wet with the product. I have had fun ever since and have become an addict. I have over 200 stamp sets and it seems to keep growing. In the last few months, I seem to be working on more techniques and want to dive into prismacolors thanks to Ana Wahlfarht. Her blog Ink A Stamp is listed on my sidebar under Inspiration. She is one of my favorite paper artists and I have been saving my stamping money to make the 120 prismacolors purchase.

Just one more day and if I haven't heard from Shannon K, I will draw another random number to win the blog candy she never claimed.

Have a great day and take time to create!

1 comment:

Cindy Vernon said...

I forgot that I have this stamp set! Very cute use of color! It looks like this another stamp set that I need to dust off and use. I don't think it' seen ink!