Pages

Technique Tuesday - Ink Distressing

And the winner is.....................Shannon K. I used random number generator website to get a number and you will not be able to to believe what number it picked. The number 24. My sister is a witness, so I didn't just pick that number. If you read my I've been tagged post, you will read that 24 is my favorite number, so that is ironic. Shannon please email me at stampfest@cox.net with your address and I will get the blog candy mailed to you as soon as possible. I want to thank all of you for participating and asking questions. I am going to have fun answering all of them. I am thinking the next milestone I want to hit to give away more blog candy is 5000.

Well, it is Technique Tuesday and I chose to showcase ink distressing. It is an easy one, but one I use often. I rarely leave a piece of White Daisy paper alone without distressing it with ink some way.

This is a 6 x 6 page completed by a CMTH consultant who didn't sign her page, so I can't give her credit.

Ink Distressing

Taking your ink pad in one hand, and your paper in the other, lightly rub the ink pad in a downward motion against the page. Make sure that you hold the ink pad at a 45 degree angle to the page. Use as much ink or as little as you want to create the distressed look that you like. In addition, you can use a dauber or sponge to ink the edges of your paper for the same effect.

These are two cards I made within the last year using the ink distressing technique.

Stamp set: Little Angel

Ink: Crystal Blue

Paper: Precious Paisley, Heavenly Blue, Colonial White

Embellishments: Heavenly Blue sassy strands and large spiral, Baby Pink brads






Stamp sets: Fall

Paper: Grey Flannel, Hollyhock, Baby Pink

Ink: Grey Flannel, Hollyhock

Embellishments: Pewter brad, Silver organdy ribbon


Shannon K asked what is your favorite technique? Well, lately it has been paper distressing. I seem to distress the edges or the entire paper on most of the projects I have created over the last few weeks. One of the techniques I want to learn and I think I would use a lot if I did learn is water coloring. I see this done on other consultants projects and love it! I have been researching the best tools for this technique and am going to purchase something soon to practice and create. If anyone has any suggestions on the best medium for water coloring, please let me know in the comments section. In addition, tell me why you like the supplies the best.

Next time you stamp try ink distressing!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: