Pages

5 Minute Card

I spent a good part of the afternoon working on my blog template.  I am not finished yet, but I did make some major changes.  I am learning a lot about html code and changing it.  Adela from Creation by AR (her blog is below) directed me to this blog to learn how to make some changes I asked her about.  The website is really helpful.  If you are a blogger and want to make changes, you should check it out.  Thanks, Adela!

My friend, Jeanne, posted these type of cards on her blog here.  In addition, she had a link on her blog for Creations by AR, who created a tutorial for these wonderful cards.  Adela did a great job on this!  

I just can't make enough thank you cards for all the volunteers, who worked the open house at my son's elementary school.  I love these cards!  I made 12 cards in record time.  I got to use ribbon I have that doesn't match any of my CTMH paper, but I couldn't live without.  I decided to stamp directly onto the card to make the cards even easier to make.  I used the 2008 October stamp of the month, Annotations and Say It In Style stamp set.  Here are just a few of the cards I made this morning:









I used the following Cuttlebug embossing folders:
  • Swiss Dots
  • Bloom Dots
  • Floral Fantasy
  • Stylized Flowers
  • D'Vine Swirl
The next time I made some of these, I am going to bling them up a little like Adela and Jeanne did to their cards.  I know these cards will be a staple in my card list.

I have a question to answer that I missed in my Guest Book.  Sorry!  I use a circle scallop on some of my cards and it was asked what size I use.  I tried to measure it, and it looks like it is 1 3/4 inches across.  It is the SU scallop punch.

If you have questions, the best place to post them is in the comments section.  The comments are sent to me via email, so I look at them and respond as soon as I can.  BTW, thanks to all of you who make such nice comments about my blog and artwork.  It is really nice that you take the time to leave a comment.  It means a lot to me.  I am glad you like my blog.

Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love the header! Those trees are so beautiful!!!

Your cards are also terrific. I'm glad you liked what I shared and made a bunch of them.

Need to check out that website.

Thanks for sharing!

Creative Heart & Hand said...

Hi Kim...I love your new header...aren't the changing leaves the most beautiful time of the year? I absolutely love Fall! These cards are cute...I also love to use my Cuttlebug! Hope you are doing well!

Katie said...

These are awesome Kim!! I've been on the fence about getting a cuttle bug because the only reason that I want one is for the embossing templates. Your cards are really pushing me towards that purchase. Thanks so much for sharing and your new header is beautiful!!

Katie

Barb said...

Looking good, Kim! I love those trees! Is that a photo that you took? So so pretty. Your cards are fabulous! So simple, but very classy. Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Kim, I had a spare moment and wanted to see how you were doing. I'm glad to see that you made it to the blogger help website -- I told you this would take hours! BTW, your cards look great!

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Your blog is looking great! Love the quick and easy cards. I will have to check out the other blogs to see what they did.

Su said...

Love these cards, they are so simple yet so effective.....I need a Cuttlebug lol! Love the new header too!

Anonymous said...

Kim.
I like the new look your blog. And the cards are really great. I may have to add a cuttle bug to my list. :)
Sally

Karen and Kelli - CTMH Consultant and Partner's in "The Keswick Scrapper's Club" said...

Hi Kim! LOVE your header!! I have to admit, I do enjoy fall. I love the color changes. I do wish we had a better summer here in Ont, Canada though. It wasn't a very good one this yr!!

I love these cards too. I'll have to try them out on my cuttlebug. It's always fun seeing what others come up with!

Thanks for sharing and keep up the awesome work!

Karen