Pages

Tutorial Time - Spinner Card

This is another long one...slightly over 10 mintues.  I had to edit parts out, so I could get it under 11 minutes.  That seems to be the magic number for me to upload it to You Tube.  It is long, because I show you three things in this video.  I know...I was energetic on this one!  I show you:
  • Spinner Card
  • Masking Technique
  • Tissue Stamping
I have been wanting to make this spinner card tutorial for a while, but I had to find a 1/2" circle punch.  I found mine at Archivers.  I like the punches where you use your thumb to push it down or squeeze it together.  I really don't like the ones you have to push down in the middle with your palm.

This is a long one, but it should be worth it...ENJOY!



Here are the measurements:

Topiary card base - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 score at 4 1/4
Dutch Blue cs - 4 x 5 1/4
White Daisy cs - 4 x 5 1/4
Lines to draw: Landscape - 1/2" from top and 1" from top; Portrait - 3/4" on each side


Happy Staming!

10 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Wow! How awesome! So many techniques in one video.

Barb said...

This is great Kim! I'm going to give it a go right now. If my creation turns out ok, I'll post it! Your card is adorable...that butterfly is beautiful. Thanks for packing so much into one tutorial. I sit and watch these things while I eat my lunch, so I don't mind them being long! TFS. ;D

Creative Heart & Hand said...

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial...can't wait to give it a try. Your card is very nice!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! I just loooove your shortfilms! They are so inspiering. [Did I spell that right? =P] Anyway, I was woundering where i can get one of those finger sponges. The one you call "dobber" I think. Is there a site on the web where I can buy one and get it sent to Sweden?

[You can e-mail me on carolin_sessan@hotmail.com]

Keep up the good work! I´m really learning a lot! Hugs from Carolin in Sweden.

Karen and Kelli - CTMH Consultant and Partner's in "The Keswick Scrapper's Club" said...

Hi Kim! I love this card! I can't wait to try it and so glad you covered the 'masking technique'. It's mentioned in the 'Just Because' card kit and I couldn't get it..lol..but this is perfect! I do the same thing, sit and have a coffee and watch the video. My daughter's 8th birthday is the end of Oct, so I'm doing the criss cross card for invites, the 2-5-7-10 box for her loot bags in matching paper and then I think I'll try the spinner card, with a fairy for her birthday card. I'll send u a pic of all of it once it's all done!

Thank you for all the inspiration! As I said in my email to you, I was in a rut and all of a sudden I'm making cards again!

Have a great day!
Karen

dasimonds said...

Very sweet Card!
All nice techniques...
Great tutorial :) TFS

Blaack Sheep Designs said...

LOL thank you! I've been wanting to make one of these, but I make it wrong everytime... Now I can't!

Love the background song... again perfect song for the tutorial!

You Rock Kim!

Jeanne said...

I finally got a chance to watch this one and it is wonderful! Love how you show several techniques in one video. More bang for your buck, so to speak!

Great job!

Heather "Hev" said...

Fun music for this cool card :)

Thankyou for sharing Kim :)

Jena said...

Thank you for another wonderful tutorial! I used this one to create a card this week to show my club members. I love your work!