Pages

Gratitude with Attitude

I have people ask me all the time how to make a card better.  Here are two cards I made using that same Evensong level one kit I used on yesterday's layout.  The first one is a cute card where I didn't add anything to make it pop.  I used the new Gratitude stamp set and a design from the Originals book on page 82 named Buckle.  If you want to make a quick card, this one looks just fine.  


I decided to make the same card still using the same level one kit.  Boy, the level one kits have a lot to offer.  Hee Hee!  This time I added the "fun stuff".  Now, the first card looks good.....BUT the second card looks better!  It is Gratitude with Attitude!  LOL!  I added:
  • Sorbet grosgrain ribbon
  • Bling (always good)
  • New England Ivy brads
  • Tulip photo hanger

Did I tell you how much I love these level ones?  Of course, I did!  You should take a second look at them or if this is the first time you look at them....take a long look.  They are worth it!

Oops!  I almost forgot to answer Lori's question about using conchos with ribbon.  Remember this card Treasure Life.  I put a concho on the left side in the middle and threaded the ribbon through the concho to tie it.  To use a concho, you will need some type of push pad.  Put the push pad underneath the paper you will adhere the concho in and push the concho down until the prongs go through the paper.  Sometimes it can be a little hard if the paper is thick.  Once you pushed it through the paper, turn the paper over and fold the prongs out, so you can punch a hole through the middle.  To fold the prongs out, you can use your little hammer or the back of an eyelet setter.  Once the concho is set, I punched a hole with the through the middle to thread my ribbon through.  I hope this is clear.  If not, let me know and I might make a video on this or take pictures of doing this step by step.  Let me know!

Happy Stamping!




5 comments:

Sacred Heart Catholic Church said...

Great post. Love the card and then how you took it to the next step. The name of your post is great also.

Stacy said...

Love the before and after. You should take those to show at gatherings!

Jena said...

Oh, I love your Gratitude with Attitude ;-) TFS!

Jeanne said...

What a super title to your post! Made me grin. I also love how you showed a good and even better version of the same card. Great work!

Barb said...

Good idea, Kim, to show the two cards and how you could 'kick it up a notch'. This way people are not intimidated to make cards. They can see the 'basic' and then then the 'jazzed'. I have always liked the Level 1 packs, they are loaded with goodies and you can't beat the value! You are really working out with that Evensong and your Originals book. I got my book the other day...the card designs are very nice. I went back thru your blog and wrote down all of the page numbers you shared...hopefully, I will get to create something today. Yesterday was a BEAR! TFS!