Pages

Christmas Cupcake Challenge

For some reason, I have been into challenges lately.  There are many times I see challenges and think....Oh, that would be fun to do, then never get around to it.  I have been making time for the challenges and having fun with them.  Sparkles Christmas card challenge this week is inspired by chocolate cupcakes with light blue frosting and white snowflakes.  I knew I wanted to use a snowman for my card and remembered I still had some pieces of the Aspen paper by CTMH left.  I love brown in any color combination.




Check out my snowman.  I went to my paper pieces drawer first and saw I had a white piece that was crumbled.  I love that paper technique for snowmen, because they are not smooth.  Well, at least ours aren't.  I used my nesties to cute him out and mat him with scallops.  I watercolored my image with my ink pads and waterbrush.

Hope you are enjoying the holidays!


Materials used
Stamps: Bundled Up (retired CTMH); Say It In Style (CTMH)
Paper: Aspen Level 2 (CTMH); white glitter paper (DCWV); chocolate cs (CTMH)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); crystal blue, creme brulee, outdoor denim, bamboo (CTMH); white daisy pigment ink (CTMH)
Accessories: snowflake punch (SU); oval punch and oval scallop punch (SU); twilight designer ribbon (CTMH); blue crystals (Mark Richards); felt flowers (American Crafts), bigger brad (CTMH); small circle nestabilities, small scallop circle nestabilities, large scallop circle nestabilities (Spellbinders); waterbrush (CTMH); concave punch (EK Success)
Techniques: crumbled paper, waterbrush painting



Have a Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

cute cute.

Lori said...

So cute. Love your snowman with the Aspen paper and the crumpled look is awesome.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! I love the texture!

JLP said...

yippee skippee on the texture! I really love this card. Great work!

Jeanne said...

What a great idea to have the texture. It looks terrific!

Lori said...

Love your Crinkkled Snowman Kim! Very creative! Hugs Lori

Lynn Mercurio said...

Adorable Kim...I love challenges, and only wish I could find more time to do them. Maybe I'll make that one of my New Year's Resolutions. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jena said...

I love the snowman on the crinkled paper, I'll have to remember that - TFS!

wendyp said...

Kim, this is beautiful!!! Love that crinkled paper adding texture to the snowman! Perfect touch!