Pages

Sparkle's Creations Challenges

Last year, I used Maria Bell's Christmas Stampin' All Year Long for challenges and motivations to make Christmas throughout the year.  I will continue to visit Maria's site for inspiration in 2010.  In addition, I found Sparkle's blog where she has a Christmas card challenge every Sunday.  My cards today were inspired by here last challenge of using red and blue.  My red is vineyard berry and my blues are dutch blue and outdoor denim.  These colors are from the CTMH color palette.



I used watercolor paper for a change and used my ink pads and water brush.

Sparkle makes the suggestion to create two cards of the same design.  I thought I was making these two exactly alike.  Then I realized I glued my snowman image on the opposite ends of the pattern paper.  Ha Ha!  I didn't realize this until it was too late to remove the image easily.  Oh, well!  I like both of them, but my favorite is the one on the right.  I like the vineyard berry pattern paper on the bottom better for some reason.





Materials used




Stamps: Holiday Lineup (SU), Great Greetings (SU - retired)



Paper: Deck the Halls and Just Chillin' (CTMH - retired), outdoor denim  and white daisy cs (CTMH), watercolor paper (Archivers)



Ink: dutch blue, black, orange, grey flannel, and vineyard berry (CTMH), jet black (StazOn)



Accessories: blue ric rac (Archivers), white pearls (Mark Richards), crocheted flower (DZ Doodles), outdoor denim button (CTMH), colonial white waxy flax



Techniques: water brush coloring, liquid applique, flower soft
Punches: small oval and oval scallop (SU)





Happy Holidays!



6 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Super cute cards! I miss that paper pack...still sad about losing Breeze, lol.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's so funny hearing that you have variations, too! I saw a sign in a nice coffee shop a year ago - it said, "I don't make mistakes, I do variations". And I like the sentiment a lot - it applies to my life! LOL

I do agree that the red pattern paper on the bottom lets it shine better!

Jeanne said...

I think they are both excellent! I admire you for working on cards all year! Someday I may do that, too. LOL

Bananastamper said...

These are fabulous cards! Your mistake turned out great in the end. Happy Holidays!
Shanna

Brandy said...

Very Cute. I must try the water colour paper!

Marjorie said...

So cute! Great way to improvise there ;D