Pages

Do You Believe?

Both of my boys (ages 8 and 5) have had friends tell them that Santa does not exist. I know! Who are these children that feel they need to spread such gossip? When they asked us if there was a Santa, both my DH and I told them WE BELIEVE. If you don't believe, you get coal and underwear. We don't want that, so we believe.

My son, Tate, wrote this letter last night and I had to share it with you.

Santa Clause is real, but some people don't think he is real. Then who is the person that gives you gifts? It's not your mom or you dad, so then he is real. I certainly believe he is real. Then why do they talk about the guy in the big, red, fluffy coat and the big, red, fluffy hat? Do you believe in Santa? My whole family believes in Santa.

Do you believe in Santa? Yes or No. Circle one.

Tate handed me this letter last night before he went to bed. It made me smile and hug him. He is so cute!


I forgot to give you the link to Jessica Sprague's classes where I took my photo editing class and all my digital scrapbooking classes. Right now, she has a 20% off all classes. Last year, at this time is when I bought my first three scrapbooking classes. I am glad I did.

Take time to create!

8 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I believe.

Jeanne said...

I believe! *Ü*

Whoa nelly, that was fast on the Christmas card!!!

Celeste said...

I believe! ..
* *
**

Vicki Wizniuk said...

We've been having similar discussions with my now 9 year old for the last few years. Why do other kids have to ruin it? I just don't understand. I told my son that if he doesn't belive, that Santa won't bring him presents. And that when both myself and his Dad were young, someone at school told us that Santa wasn't real and we believed that person, and then we stopped getting gifts from Santa. I told him that we started believing in Santa again after that, but it was too late and we never received another gift from Santa again. His eyes got wide and he said in his sincerest voice, "I BELIEVE IN SANTA!" It was really cute! I'm glad he still believes... ;)

Sparkplug17 said...

When my brother was 4, he woke to go to the bathroom and saw my parents putting gifts out from Santa. We haven't believed since then, lol. But I got a Santa stocking every year until my mom passed.

Now that Emily is almost 4, hopefully her and Michael will believe a bit longer then Brien and I, lol.

My best friend's mom said the same thing to him and all 5 of his brothers. She still holds it to them today, lol and they're all adults. But if they say no, they don't a gift. :)

Lori said...

Hi Kim, I believe too....what a cute little story and I hate when others have to spoil it for the rest. If they haven't already seen it, your sons would love the movie "Polar Express"! It is all about believing! Did you know you can get it on "YouTube"! Hugs Lori

Sonya said...

When I was 6 and my brother was 1 we lived in Alaska. BOTH My parents woke us up late Christmas eve to watch Santa put presents under the tree. Do I believe??? I saw him with my own 2 eyes, of course I do!
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from North Pole, AK!

Unknown said...

Yep -- when you believe you receive. When he's old enough to take his chances, tell him that he's in on the secret and old enough to help spread the message of St. Nick to others and take part in the gift buying.