Pages

Starting Early

I started making my Christmas cards really early last year.  I think I started in February.  Well, I was really good making one a week for about five months and then I got sidetracked.  I don't even remember what made me stop making them.  I decided to start even earlier this year with these two reindeers from DZ Doodles.  Diane has this first reindeer named Comical Reindeer 1 on sale for $2.50.  Wow!  That is a great price!



I was lucky again this week, when I visited Diane.  She gave me these two images already colored (prisma pencils) and asked me to make cards with them.  OH, YAY!  I can do that!  I haven't played with these yet and love the opportunity of making cards with premade images.  Quick and Easy!

See his hat!   I put liquid applique all over the top of the hat.  It reminds me of those big wool hats.  I loved how that turned out.




Same card design for this one.  He has a Santa hat instead.  Aren't these the cutest?


Materials used
Stamps: Comical Reindeer 1 (DZ Doodles), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), Sassy Sparkles Jumbo Wheel (SU)
Paper: bamboo, chocolate and colonial white cs (CTMH), Perfect Day pattern (CTMH), Deck the Halls (CTMH), Shimmery White cs (SU), Yellow Glitter cs (DCWV)
Ink: tulip and chocolate (CTMH)
Accessories: Snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug), red bling (Paper Studio), snowflakes (Dress It Up), small star punch (SU), modern label punch (SU), word window punch (SU), white hemp (CTMH), 1/16" punch (EK Success), concave punch (EK Success), prisma pencils
Techniques:  liquid applique (CTMH)


Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Those reindeer are adorable, Kim! I'll have to take a look at them to use next year! Great coloring on them too, and great layouts on the cards!

Sparkplug17 said...

Darling! I'll keep ya motivated, lol. I make mine every Sunday! :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

How very adorable Kim. You really did an outstanding job on this fantastic design too. I need to smack you thought for already working on NEXT year's cards...you make the rest of us look bad...lol

Happy Holidays, my dear!

Jeanne said...

Terrific, Kim! Egads, you are already working on next year's cards??? I ought to follow your lead...(but I most likely won't).

Tammy said...

OMGosh...these are just darling!! You did an awesome job with them girl!!