Pages

Delight in Everything - File Folder 4

Here is number four. I am almost done posting the Delight In Everything series.

This Cranberry Coluzzle file folder card is decorated with Let's Get Together paper packet - level 2 and the middle of the flower pops of the page. It is from the small circle pattern paper from this same pack. I love new ways to use pattern paper and with these cards it was just a corner of one sheet used to make the flowers stand out. In addition, I used the Buttercup stripe, White Daisy cardstock and grosgrain ribbon, pewter brads and inked the edges with Garden Green.

I can't wait to use this set of paper and stamps for other projects. After the next card, I will post a little thank you card I made with this same stamp set.

Today, I didn't find time to stamp, but I did find time to clean my scrap table. I can't believe how messy it gets with just one project. I have to clean my desk after each project, so I can start with a brand new surface. That way I am not looking everywhere for my tools, because they are hiding under scraps of paper.

Scraps of paper...don't we all have a ton of these. As my father would say, "If you have a 'ton' don't keep it all in the same place." LOL! Dads are full of wisdom! Well, I had a thought this week regarding my scraps. I know, I know, don't hurt myself, right? I have vowed every time I make a card or layout to go to my scrap container and pick at least two coordinating scrap colors and use them on the project. Even if it is just a small piece peeking out behind some pattern paper. I can always dress it up with a background stamp, daubing or my paper piercing tool. I challenge you to do the same. Please leave a comment and share with me how you use your scraps that might help me and others to dwindle our stock pile.

Have a great day and remember to take pictures of every day events! Don't just reach for your camera on special occasions.

No comments: