Pages

You're invited

Okay, I am back to summer. Here is a card I made with the 2007 June stamp of the month Summertime. Right when I saw this stamp I thought of a BBQ invitation. We all have parties in the summertime, when we invite friends over for a little conversation and a great cookout. What could be a better way to spend the summer?

All products used are from the CTMH collection. I stamped the image in black and colored it in with the following marker colors: Holiday Red, Topiary, Chocolate, Cranberry, Bubblegum, Sunny Yellow, Ocean, and Dutch Blue. The card base is Holiday Red cardstock where I used Basic Backgrounds (retired) to emulate a picnic tablecloth and then I used Speckled Backgrounds on the Hydrangea cardstock for detail. I used a paper piercing tool to pierce the edges of the Ocean cardstock and I used Tim Holtz paper distressing tool on the Hydrangea, Ocean and White Daisy cardstock to rough up the edges.

I rubbed the edges of the White Daisy cardstock along a Holiday Red ink pad and added Cranberry brads to the corners. I added cranberry polka dotted ribbon from the Cranberry Ribbon Rounds to the Hyrdrangea cardstock. I topped it off with a daubing a dimensional element with Holiday Red ink, stamped you're invited from For Baby stamp set and added Cranberry brads. On the inside, I stamped date, when, time and please come. Doesn't this card just make you want to go to a BBQ?

Hope your are having a great summer!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I love the bright colors you used for this card. I may have to order this stamp set. I didn't like it at first, but now I do.
Deborah