Pages

Technique Tuesday - Embossing


I remembered! Well, it helps that I put it in my Outlook Calendar to remind me every Monday.

Here is another 6 x 6 instruction sheet that was made by another CTMH consultant from the swap I participated in for techniques. This consultant did not mark the back of her layout, so I don't know who to give credit to. Embossing is a great effect...

Basic Heat Embossing
  • Stamp an image with tinted embossing pad or versamark.
  • Pour embossing powder over the image while the ink is still wet.
  • Tap off excess powder and put back into jar for next use.
  • Heat the image using a heat embossing tool. The powder will quickly melt, leaving a shiny, raised image.
Rainbow Embossing
  • You will need 2-3 different colors of embossing powders.
  • Stamp an image with a tinted embossing pad or versamark.
  • Pour the first color of embossing powder on only part of the image & tap off excess. Repeat until you have covered the image with the different embossing powders that you have chosen. When adding a new embossing powder, it will not stick where there is already embossing powder.
  • Heat the entire image with heat tool.
To the left is one of the Christmas cards I sent out in 2006 where I used the basic heat embossing on the letters JOY. All products used are CTMH.

Products: Peaceful Season My Originals Cards, Bamboo cardstock, Gold embossing powder, Believe Caps stamp set, Vineyard Berry ink, Olive organdy ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: