Pages

S W E E T


It seems as if I am in a colorful mood lately! Everything I have been making is brightly colored with CTMH markers. I might have to try my new watercolor pencils soon.

I have been wanting to make something with my Little Treasures stamp set and finally got around creating a couple of cards. The only difference in these two cards is the stamped image, which are both from Little Treasures. You really need to click on these cards to enlarge them in order to see the detail. I saw a card in our Idea Book that had a message, "You are Sweet." and it made me want to make something similar. I wanted to put the same message on my cards, but I ran out of room, so I just put "sweet" at the bottom. When I send these as thank you cards, I will tell the person they are sweet. Good idea, eh?

I started out with a White Daisy base and put Hydrangea pattern paper from the Carnival paper pack on the front as the first layer. Then I chose Holiday Red and Sunkiss Yellow for my next layers using a concave punch on both of them. I ran the Sunkiss Yellow cardstock through my Cuttlebug (love this machine) to emboss with spots & dots. I sponged, not daubed, but sponged the edges of the stamp image with Hydrangea ink. I colored the jelly beans with Hydrangea, Sunny Yellow, Orange, Holiday Red, Clover Meadow, Crystal Blue, Grey Flannel, Grey Wool and a silver pen (non-CTMH). My son, Tate, wanted me to use blue and I told him we didn't have that color of jelly bean when I was young. He looked at me with big eyes and said, "Why?". I laughed and told him we didn't have all the different colors like now. He couldn't believe it! All I could think of was when I asked my mom about the olden days, and now when I grew up is the new olden days for my boys. I know I am digressing, but I have to tell you that I got carded today in a grocery store. It made my day, since I just turned "40" this year. I thanked the gentleman over and over. Okay, back to the recipe...

I tied purple ribbon with white polka dots (non-CTMH) around the Holiday Red and Sunkiss Yellow cardstock. Then I stamped sweet from Adorable stamp set in Hydrangea ink on a dimensional element, daubed the sides with Hydrangea ink too and added White Daisy brads. I looked at the card and thought it still needed something. When I saw the jelly beans and lollipops, I thought of an old fashioned candy store that would have an awning in front of the store, so I scalloped the bottom of a piece of White Daisy cardstock with my corner rounder (non-CTMH) and daubed that with Hydrangea ink. I put it on top of the card for the same awning effect. I hope you like these. I sure had a lot of fun making them.

Happy Stamping!

No comments: